No Foreign Cash for Trips from Amex Anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Renato1

Established Member
Today I went and clicked on the "Buy Foreign Currency" link at the bottom of American Express Travel page, because I wanted a few hundred dollars worth of Indonesian currency handy for when I arrived there. And I just kept getting timeouts on whichever browser I used.

So I clicked on the Chat section and asked why I couldn't access the link. It transpires that Amex no longer offer that service. I suggested that in that case, would it not be helpful to remove the link on their website? The chap said he'd lodge a report.

It was annoying, as buying foreign currency the last time I used Amex a few years ago was a breeze, and I got to choose the rough ratio of high and low denomination notes that I wanted. When I've bought money in the past from banks, I wound up with high denomination notes, which were useless for tipping.
Regards,
Renato

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..
Back