Newbie has CC queries

Status
Not open for further replies.

kinkacruiser

I haven't owned a CC for ages and just locked into the Woolies offer to get FF points. Not sure if this is the place to post "basic" questions re CC use, so here goes.
I'm using Amex as it gives me a 1:1, the sister ANZ viscard only gives .25:1. I recently made an overseas transaction and 3% surcharge was added onto that. Does this surcharge only apply to overseas transactions or Aus ones as well (in which case we really are 'paying' for our points).
Also, can anyone tell me what ANZ charge for a Direct debit each month? I have set up a dd for my monthly phone bill this way via Amex. I can't find a fee listed anywhere.
Thanks for your help.

I haven't owned a CC for ages and just locked into the Woolies offer to get FF points. Not sure if this is the place to post "basic" questions re CC use, so here goes.
I'm using Amex as it gives me a 1:1, the sister ANZ viscard only gives .25:1. I recently made an overseas transaction and 3% surcharge was added onto that. Does this surcharge only apply to overseas transactions or Aus ones as well (in which case we really are 'paying' for our points).
Also, can anyone tell me what ANZ charge for a Direct debit each month? I have set up a dd for my monthly phone bill this way via Amex. I can't find a fee listed anywhere.
Thanks for your help.

Ok so here are a few simple points from your post above

1. I assume the Woolworths offer you are referring to is the Everyday Rewards rather than their Credit Card. The Everyday Rewards card will earn you QFF if linked to that accounts

2. Overseas transactions on (almost) all credit card accounts will incur an overseas processing fee that consists of an amount given to Amex/Visa/MC and an amount to the bank the card is from. This % fee is usually quoted as a whole, and is around 3% for most cards. Please also note that some credit card products will charge you this fee where you purchase something in AUD, however the merchant is located overseas. Ie the terminal through which they process your card is located in the US, but the transaction is done in Australian dollars.

3. The kind of direct debit you refer to is usually set up by the company who's bill you are wanting to pay. ie you tell Optus to put the amount of your bill on your selected credit card account each month. Credit Card companies/banks do not charge for this kind of service. Usually bill companies don't either, however do look out for any surcharges the company may add to your bill when you choose to pay by CC (there is usually no fee for BPAY as it costs very little for the company who's bill you are paying)

4. Banks have all of this information on their websites - I would suggest spending some time on the ANZ website and look for your product's terms and conditions, as well as the fees booklet. This will explain things such as the international transaction fees.

5. For fee specific inquiries, your ultimate source should be the company charging the fee. Ie ANZ will happily take your call and explain how the fees will apply to your account.

Hope this helps.

Banks have all of this information on their websites - I would suggest spending some time on the ANZ website and look for your product's terms and conditions, as well as the fees booklet. This will explain things such as the international transaction fees.

While I'm flattered to be quoted, I'm not sure what the point of your post was here...:?:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..

Staff online

• NM
    Enthusiast
Back