New Qantas Premier Card - Too Many Points?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Isolated

Hi,

I got a Qantas Premier Platinum Card about 7 weeks ago. It got the 120k points bonus, 20k per month for 6 months....

I was expecting my first 20k HOWEVER I received 70k. I have no idea if I got too many or I’m going to get screwed out of 50k points.

Not sure what to do, has this happened to anyone else?

Cheers

Don't wanna jinx it. If the points were awarded incorrectly, they'd find it out during consolidation and might deduct points. But I hope that they'd let you know if they're doing anything to the points already awarded.

If you've got a family member with QFF, you might quickly transfer the points before QFF/Citibank reacts to this mistake :p If anything they might just not award points for next few months until the 50K extra points are accounted for :)

If you've got a family member with QFF, you might quickly transfer the points before QFF/Citibank reacts to this mistake :p If anything they might just not award points for next few months until the 50K extra points are accounted for :)

Had similar experience in the past with Westpac rewards but I believe if they have posted points incorrectly they might as well deduct the points later and the points balance might go negative. Not sure how that works with airlines ff points but I did face this sometime ago and have had the points go negative.

• Informative
Reactions: Ade
Had similar experience in the past with Westpac rewards but I believe if they have posted points incorrectly they might as well deduct the points later and the points balance might go negative. Not sure how that works with airlines ff points but I did face this sometime ago and have had the points go negative.

Jeez !!! didn't know that they'd deduct points anyways and let it go negative. Thanks for telling :)

Yep, this happened to me last month. This month I wasn't awarded any points despite meeting the spend so they are clearly aware. I am 50/50 on whether to just close the card now as I got $70K for 1.5K spend which is a pretty good deal, or whether to hold out hope that after they offset the 70K against outstanding bonus amounts they will continue to award the points.

Guess I am curious enough that I'll let it play out and see what happens.

Yep, this happened to me last month. This month I wasn't awarded any points despite meeting the spend so they are clearly aware. I am 50/50 on whether to just close the card now as I got $70K for 1.5K spend which is a pretty good deal, or whether to hold out hope that after they offset the 70K against outstanding bonus amounts they will continue to award the points.

Guess I am curious enough that I'll let it play out and see what happens.

It worked out good for me so far, was able to book some return flights for a trip that I wouldn’t have been able to until December. Guess I’ll just wait and see what happens.

I have this card that was approved on 7th August - will this be my usual monthly cut off? I have already spent the required $1500 this month- just doing some forward planning for bigger expenses that are due.
Also how soon have you received the bonus points? I am planning on booking flights this weekend - I could possibly choose first class, but this could leave me slightly short, (by 10k) for booking my return flights in October. Really needing my first bonus points to be received by then. (an extra 50K would very much be appreciated!!)

Took about 7 weeks after I spent the $1500 minimum. Was handy to get to 50k early as I was also able to book some flights

Took about 7 weeks after I spent the $1500 minimum. Was handy to get to 50k early as I was also able to book some flights

I'm not celebrating quite as much as you are, since the offer was for 120K over 6 months and instead you've got 50k after 2, nice and all but I am pretty keen on the original offer myself.

I'll call them later today when I could be bothered dealing with Citi.

I'm not celebrating quite as much as you are, since the offer was for 120K over 6 months and instead you've got 50k after 2, nice and all but I am pretty keen on the original offer myself.

I'll call them later today when I could be bothered dealing with Citi.

Let us know how you go. 👍

UPDATE! Called Qantas credit card call centre twice and finally got a resolution. They admitted to mistakenly awarding the wrong amount of points and just then, the remaining 50k just arrived.

UPDATE! Called Qantas credit card call centre twice and finally got a resolution. They admitted to mistakenly awarding the wrong amount of points and just then, the remaining 50k just arrived.

Oh wow, nice work. When I called them they incorrectly told me that I had registered for the 70K points promo (with 30K following 2nd year fees) and wouldn't hear otherwise. Sounds like I need to call back up and put my foot down.

Oh wow, nice work. When I called them they incorrectly told me that I had registered for the 70K points promo (with 30K following 2nd year fees) and wouldn't hear otherwise. Sounds like I need to call back up and put my foot down.

Yep they tried that with me too. Persistence paid off. Just make them check the date of your application which would have fallen in the 120k promotion. Good luck

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..

Currently Active Users

Back