New Qantas Money (QTMC) formerly Qantas Cash Card website is now live

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't want to start a new thread, but the new Qantas Money (QTMC) formerly Qantas Cash Card website is now live.
You need to always have your mobile phone when you log into it, as they will send a 6 digit code to your mobile you provided when you joined QFF.
Which is a good idea.
Pity they (QF) can't do the same for the QFF side, when someone logs into their or someone elses QFF account.
Imagine if we got an SMS each time our QFF account was logged into, and we had to respond to the 2factor authentication.

Don't want to start a new thread, but the new Qantas Money (QTMC) formerly Qantas Cash Card website is now live.
You need to always have your mobile phone when you log into it, as they will send a 6 digit code to your mobile you provided when you joined QFF.
Which is a good idea.
Pity they (QF) can't do the same for the QFF side, when someone logs into their or someone elses QFF account.
Imagine if we got an SMS each time our QFF account was logged into, and we had to respond to the 2factor authentication.
I don't want 2FA - it drives me nuts and if overseas without data on occasion it means I can't log on. I'd rather take the risk and just make sure I monitor my accounts regularly. I certainly don't want it just for my QFF account day to day type activities.

I don't want 2FA - it drives me nuts and if overseas without data on occasion it means I can't log on. I'd rather take the risk and just make sure I monitor my accounts regularly. I certainly don't want it just for my QFF account day to day type activities.

2FA via SMS would be great for point deduction notifications. I check my account daily though so I'd know within 24 hours if it had been compromised.

2FA can be done via apps not just SMS. QF should give customers the choice if they insist on using 2FA. Some use phone plans where they can’t roam or change SIMs to a local SIM when travelling. This makes 2FA only via SMS very annoying. Have to leave a phone at home and hope the router at home doesn’t need to be physically rebooted whilst away.

And for Cgichard, yes, the sms system has started.
Why do they not respond to my repeated requests for an alternative system, given that I don't have a mobile phone? I will have one once I'm travelling but won't know the phone number until I buy the SIM card soon after arrival.

Don't think that QF will do a reply.
Even if you try to escalate it, ...
Unless you somehow succeed in snaffling a (private, somehow "illegally" gotten direct phone number/direct email address) to Alan J.

I basically try not to access accounts while O'S - hate it. I can do my banking and other financial stuff but if QFF insists on 2FA - forget it.

I'm happy to keepmy own tally of my QC expenditure when overseas without accessing my account, but - as I understand it - the new system will involve an SMS whenever I actually use the card. Please tell me it's not so! Or perhaps only for purchases over a certain value?

I'm happy to keepmy own tally of my QC expenditure when overseas without accessing my account, but - as I understand it - the new system will involve an SMS whenever I actually use the card. Please tell me it's not so! Or perhaps only for purchases over a certain value?
No, you'll just get an SMS if you login to the website through a PC or web-browser. If you have the app you don't need the 2FA for logging in. Purchases you won't get an SMS.

Small print at the bottom of the page.

100 bonus points if you download and login to the app between 1 April - 18 May. (If you've logged in prior to this period you won't get the bonus points.

No SMS on too up, from any sources.
But you do (still) get an email on successful topup.
Guess you could always go to an ATM while overseas to check balance... atAud$1.95 a pop.
Never tried this though.
Overall am satisfied with QTMC when I am in NZ.
Will still use it.
Just maybe less checking of balances, if transaction rejected then not enough funds in account of course.

They have removed the load settings from the App/ Mobile site. You used to be able to view your BSB and account number and now I can’t find a way to do that.
You also used to be able to switch your default currency load settings online and now have to call up. A complete pain in the proverbial.

Have just been caught out by the SMS 2FA when the relevant phone is not roaming.

The Qantas money help info says you can opt for alternate verification method on the screen to enter the code, but that is not appearing for me.

Any suggestions ?

Have just been caught out by the SMS 2FA when the relevant phone is not roaming

A PS...
Can't even use the message form on Qantas money website "contact us" page, as the drop down list to select reason is broken, and you cannot send the message without it.
Looks like it has to be a phone call.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..

Recent Posts

Back