New Oneworld lounges and other 20th anniversary announcements

Discussion in 'Airline Alliances' started by Mattg, Feb 2, 2019.

Welcome to Australia's leading independent Frequent Flyer and Travel Resource!
Our site contains tons of information that will improve your travel experience.
Joining AFF is fast, simple & ABSOLUTELY FREE -  join now by clicking on the JOIN NOW button, and take immediate advantage of these great BENEFITS.
Once registered, this box will disappear. And you will see fewer advertisements :)
  1. Mattg

Mattg Senior Member

Aug 21, 2011
    AMS
    Flight Map:
    View my flight map
    There was a Oneworld media event in London today, with most of the Oneworld CEOs in attendance. Today marked the 20th anniversary of the Oneworld alliance and there were various announcements made, including:

The press release doesn't specify which airports will get Oneworld lounges, just that the first will be opened later this year. But it does mention that this is part of an effort to increase cooperation of Oneworld airlines and co-locate at airports where lots of Oneworld airlines fly to, such as PEK, LHR, GRU and FRA.

2. jase05

jase05 Active Member

Jan 24, 2018
    Will have to check out the app. SkyTeam has had one for awhile and it’s quite useful so good to see OW get up with the times

3. samh004

samh004 Enthusiast

Apr 1, 2009
    Gold Coast
    Flight Map:
    View my flight map
    Twitter:
    Facebook:
    Google+:
    Linkedin:
    Instagram:
    Would be nice if they changed lounge access rules to have a blanket policy towards travelling with children (eg. them not counting towards the guest limit). I think this would really set them apart.

4. Captain Halliday

Captain Halliday Established Member

Jun 1, 2014
    BNE
    Looks like the QF IT folk had a had a hand in the app design. :mad::rolleyes:

While connected to the internet I get:

F6CE7A36-887A-4DE5-811E-BC7554582B26.png

5. RooFlyer

RooFlyer Enthusiast

Nov 12, 2012
    Tasmania
    Flight Map:
    View my flight map
    The app is pretty daft for finding lounges.

Why, for instance, if the access is for anyOW Emerald, does it sometimes have the logo for just one airline, ( eg LHR Qantas lounge) while other times it lists some other ( but not all) OW Airlines? ( Eg LHR BA Galleries First)? :confused:

6. samh004

samh004 Enthusiast

Apr 1, 2009
    Gold Coast
    Flight Map:
    View my flight map
    Twitter:
    Facebook:
    Google+:
    Linkedin:
    Instagram:
    Sounds like they need one line to say "operated by: xxx airline" and the next line to list tiers that can access it, be that "sapphire & emerald, emerald, Business or First". Would be really easy to implement, and look visually clean. For any exceptions to the rule, such as at an arrivals lounge, an asterisk can be used.