New Diners Rewards interface

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deen

Intern
Noticed a new interface for the rewards webpage today. Looks much better than the old one. Just hope the SPG transfers are quicker too!

well an update. definitely seems to be working well. transferred to SPG and saw it within a week, even managed to transfer all my points (didn't have to take in multiples of 1500). so thumbs up for now

Sorry to bump this thread..

So I just started DC, and now after my first bill got generated, and I was told I cannot redeem the points till the next bill is generated. If that's the case, then we need to wait almost 1 month before we can plan to move the points to any frequent travel partners.

How do all of you do redemption? do it regularly on a monthly basis, or redeem all together before planning for the trip?

hi Loga.... yes DC points are always one month in arrears and also dependent on the previous bill being paid in full by the due date. I tend to move to SPG as soon as I see them in the DC account and don't leave any balance in there at all. I have this fear that they could take away points for no reason!

I'm a regular transferrer to SPG too. No disadvantage to douing this except for Virgin transfers that I can see

I generally let them build up then transfer to SPG when I've made an SPG booking so I still have the flexibility to use them for something else like a Velocity bonus offer. Transfer times to SPG are getting better - taking about 3 weeks for me last few times.

I think DC's month in arrears points method is a little past best practice now (esp since Amex have been posting points in real time for a long time) but a quirk I've learnt to live with.

I generally let them build up then transfer to SPG when I've made an SPG booking so I still have the flexibility to use them for something else like a Velocity bonus offer. Transfer times to SPG are getting better - taking about 3 weeks for me last few times.

I think DC's month in arrears points method is a little past best practice now (esp since Amex have been posting points in real time for a long time) but a quirk I've learnt to live with.

Thanks but this is where the planning for a trip becomes tricky. If I know I have 10k worth SPG points(20k DC points) waiting to come in, and i want to take advantage of a FF or an SPG offer, but i have to still account for the 1 month arrears + 3 week transfer time to be able to use it effectively.

I really wish we had the SPGAMEX available to us in Australia. I think SPG/AMEX dont think there are enough potential customers combined with the lack of hotels.

I've just had another look at US SPG site looks like it's been positively enhanced with no forex fee.

I doubt an Aussie version of US SPG Amex At 1 SPG per $US1, Aussie DC stacks up well based on $0.70 exchange rate:
DC 1.5 SPG per $A1
Diners MC 0.625 SPG per $A1

Its been a month since my first statement has been generated, no new statement generated this month, nor any points credited correctly.

Had to call and ask them if they wish to send me a statement... Ah I envy the ease of AMEX MR users :(

Points (from first month)will come through just after second statement. Not uncommon for the statement to appear on the site 24h after the statement date in my experience

Slightly different this month. Statement due 6th. Points posted 7th. Statement still not produced online today on 9th-possibly a weekend issue. (The correct statement balance appears on telephone banking though).

Last edited:
FYI ... DC say DC-SPG transfers need to be in 3000 DC Rewards Point lots.
I recently did an *online* DC-SPG transfer in a non-3000 DC Reward Point sum and it went through fine.

FYI ... DC say DC-SPG transfers need to be in 3000 DC Rewards Point lots.
I recently did an *online* DC-SPG transfer in a non-3000 DC Reward Point sum and it went through fine.

Assuming the balance is higher than 3000?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..
Back