New Asia Pacific Hiltons (Bali, Darwin, Hobart) [rumour] | Australian Frequent Flyer
Australian Frequent Flyer

Welcome to Australia's leading independent Frequent Flyer and Travel Resource since 1998!
Our site contains tons of information that will improve your travel experience.

Joining AFF is fast, simple & absolutely free - register now and take immediate advantage of these great BENEFITS.

Once registered, this box will disappear. And you will see fewer advertisements :)

New Asia Pacific Hiltons (Bali, Darwin, Hobart) [rumour]

Virgin Bart

AFF Supporter
Flights
My Map
Hi all

Relatively reliable rumour has it that:

- a new Waldorf is beginning construction in Bali shortly
- a new Conrad is doing ditto
- DoubleTree Esplanade Darwin is closing for renovations for three months on Dec 1 (much needed)
- DoubleTree Hobart is awaiting final approval from council and maybe state govt

Gold Member

AFF Supporter
Relatively reliable rumour has it that:

- a new Waldorf is beginning construction in Bali shortly
- a new Conrad is doing ditto
Noice. And although not rumor, we can also throw into the fold the new (old Nikko) Hilton Bali Resort in southern Nusa Dua which is accepting reservations from December 1st. I booked 6 nights on a very competitive points plus cash rate.

RooFlyer

AFF Supporter
Flights
My Map
Doubletree for Hobart story started about a year ago. As far as I know nothing before main Council but possible in discussions with various Council depts. and no doubt looking for concessions from State govt, desperate for (suitable) development.

D

Deleted member 29185

Any updates on what Hobart might be getting, Hilton wise?
I believe I started that rumour. I was told from a Hilton insider that Tassie was to get 3 Hilton brand properties. That insider has now moved on and I have heard absolutely nothing about it since. They may be sitting in the same approval "in-tray" as the VA Hobart lounge!

Virgin Bart

AFF Supporter
Flights
My Map
I believe I started that rumour. I was told from a Hilton insider that Tassie was to get 3 Hilton brand properties. That insider has now moved on and I have heard absolutely nothing about it since. They may be sitting in the same approval "in-tray" as the VA Hobart lounge!
Unless you worked at DT Darwin, then it wasn't you! But good to get a [non]update. Perhaps that's the end of this rumour

kermatu

AFF Supporter
About a year ago I heard a rumour about a Canberra Hilton - but no news of late as far as I'm aware??

Community Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
luxuryholidayaustralia