Card Promotions New ANZ Frequent Flyer Black 110,000 points & $100 back

Be good if anyone can confirm a*o points paid, esp on sign on bonus. fingers crossed.
Happy to get a PM if preferred to keep it btw us.

Is the discounted Qantas Club membership worthwhile? I have a fair stack of lounge vouchers and will get 2 more with the card

Haven’t seen this posted on these forums, only on Ozbargain etc. Existing ANZ customers via an online login can get 160,000 QFF points (after $3000 spend) and $225 back on annual fee. Just applied and approved, easy process. If not an existing customer, open a savings account to get access to the offer!

I took up this offer about a month ago. Had an issue with them not identifying me as an existing customer even though I indicated that I was and after logging in during the application process the system automatically populated my existing home loan information. For some reason they created a new profile and I had to ring to have it fixed up. Have just made the spend requirement so hoping the 160k QF points post without issue. Not confident given other recent issues I have had with ANZ.

I took up this offer about a month ago. Had an issue with them not identifying me as an existing customer even though I indicated that I was and after logging in during the application process the system automatically populated my existing home loan information. For some reason they created a new profile and I had to ring to have it fixed up. Have just made the spend requirement so hoping the 160k QF points post without issue. Not confident given other recent issues I have had with ANZ.
I'm just wored about opening an account to only get rejected.

They were a pain last time I applied!

I'm just wored about opening an account to only get rejected.

They were a pain last time I applied!

Just a reminder of the 12 months cooling off for the Qantas or Rewards cards. Eg no bonus points.

On my reckoning, with a simple PAYG and a good/great credit score, with minimal cards/limits, it’s not usually an issue. When people start on about having to cancel cards with a 50k limit, expect issues.

Just a reminder of the 12 months cooling off for the Qantas or Rewards cards. Eg no bonus points.

Can you expand on this? My previous ANZ card which I closed at the end of 2021, was ANZ Rewards Black

The T&C for the one I'm considering applying for now , ANZ Frequent Flyer Platinum (
ANZ Frequent Flyer Platnium )

Offer not available where you currently hold an ANZ Frequent Flyer, ANZ Frequent Flyer Gold, ANZ Frequent Flyer Platinum or ANZ Frequent Flyer Black credit card, or have closed, or qualified for bonus Qantas Points or a credit back on, any of those ANZ Frequent Flyer credit cards within the previous 12 months.

It specifically only lists the Frequent Flyer cards and not the Rewards card as disqualifying cards.

Has anyone churned from Rewards to FF in less than 12 months and can comment on this?

I can confirm that the exclusion period for Rewards and Qantas frequent flyer cards are separate. From memory, the Travel Adventure card was also separate, but I’m not sure if that’s still the case.

We've used rentalcover.com before and made a claim for a cracked windscreen. Paid $11.19 for the one day policy and they paid $1250 for the cost of the replacement windscreen. We didn't see the crack when we returned the vehicle, nor did we see a stone cause the crack during our driving. It was raining and there were no staff present at the return point at Avalon Airport.

Seems I had nothing to fear. 160k bonus points slated to be credited at the end of the next statement period. Very happy with the efficiency here and although I will still cancel the card fairly soon, I’ll be back again once the sit out period is complete. :)

Seems I had nothing to fear. 160k bonus points slated to be credited at the end of the next statement period. Very happy with the efficiency here and although I will still cancel the card fairly soon, I’ll be back again once the sit out period is complete. :)
Did you get it the month after your hit the spend or do you need to wait the 3 month period?
I only ask because I hit the spend in the first month but my statement doesn’t reflect that I’d be eligible for the bonus points

Did you get it the month after your hit the spend or do you need to wait the 3 month period?
I only ask because I hit the spend in the first month but my statement doesn’t reflect that I’d be eligible for the bonus points
Most are getting it in the second month if the spend is met in the first. Check your reward points on the website to see if they are ready to transfer on 2nd statement.

Met the spend almost immediately after activating the card. Bonus showed up on the Second statement.

Also worth nothing for anyone interested the points sweep for the 2nd statement showed up in 3 transactions on my QFF account - regular spend, 100k bonus, 60k bonus. So that means the entire amount counted for points club.

Is this 160k bonus still going?

I haven't flipped in ages, but I'm buying and selling wines so I'm hitting min spends in a month with no issue.

Is this 160k bonus still going?

I haven't flipped in ages, but I'm buying and selling wines so I'm hitting min spends in a month with no issue.
Yes, for the 160k ( and $225 back ) ….. you must have ANZ app access, and apply thru the link in the app. Otherwise the 130k and $255 back is on the general anz website.

Edit: Note also, the 130k may come as 100k in first year and 30k if you pay annual fee for second year! This is not the case with the 160K offer. An additional note, it comes as 100k and 60k transactions, so you qualify for Points Club with the one card :)

Last edited:

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..
Back