$200 "Dining credit" towards a list of Global Restaurants

sudoer

Qantas
Platinum
Virgin
Platinum
Star Alliance
Gold
Looks like Amex has launched a new Platinum benefit - $200 "Platinum Dining credit" towards a list of global restaurants here:

DETAILS​

Save this benefit to your Card by 31/12/2024 and spend at participating local restaurants to get 100% back up to a maximum of $200 per calendar year. Terms, payment restrictions and future communications about this benefit will apply.

OFFER TERMS​

• These Benefit terms (including the benefit description above) set out the key terms of our Platinum Global Dining Benefit, which includes the Local Dining Credit.
  • Enrolled Card Members will be eligible to receive a maximum of $200 back on spend at participating local restaurants per redemption period. Spend can be in one or more transactions.
  • Participating restaurants can be found here. For clarity: “participating local restaurants” means participating restaurants located in Australia. Participating restaurant list subject to change, please check before you dine as you may not be eligible for the credit.
  • A one-time enrolment is required for the Local Dining Credit via your Amex Offers from 5 July 2022 and Card Members will automatically be enrolled for the following redemption periods from their enrolment date and do not need to re-enrol. The final date to enrol and spend for the Local Dining Credit is 31 December 2024.
  • Benefit resets annually on 1 January until 31 December 2024. The redemption periods are:
    • 05 July – 31 December 2022
    • 1 January – 31 December 2023
    • 1 January – 31 December 2024
  • Credit not redeemed during the applicable redemption period will not roll over to the following redemption period and will expire. Your Card must be charged prior to the end of each redemption period (31 December) to be eligible for the credit within that redemption period.
  • This Benefit is available to Primary American Express Australia Platinum Card Members only. If you switch to a new Card product that is not eligible for this benefit, enrolment will be removed from your Card Account. If a Card you hold is ineligible, you will not be able to see the benefit, nor will you be able to save the benefit to the Card. If you are no longer eligible for this benefit due to a change in Account status, including but not limited to fraudulent flags, suspension or cancellation, it will be removed from your Account.
  • Benefit only available for dine in services. Benefit excludes purchases of gift cards and vouchers, transactions made towards deposits charged upfront by the venue, cancellation and no-show charges, take away or dine-at-home services.
  • Benefit limited to the Card to which the offer is saved and only spend on this Card counts towards the benefit. Transactions made with an Additional Card are not eligible for the credit.
  • Excludes transactions made through a third-party establishment or payment processor.
  • Credit is not redeemable for cash or other payment form.
  • Credit should appear on your billing statement within 5 business days from qualifying spend but may take up to 150 days from the transaction date.
  • Credit may be reversed if your qualifying purchase is refunded or cancelled.
  • Full Offer Terms available here

Looks like Amex has launched a new Platinum benefit - $200 "Platinum Dining credit" towards a list of global restaurants here:

DETAILS​

Save this benefit to your Card by 31/12/2024 and spend at participating local restaurants to get 100% back up to a maximum of $200 per calendar year. Terms, payment restrictions and future communications about this benefit will apply.

OFFER TERMS​

• These Benefit terms (including the benefit description above) set out the key terms of our Platinum Global Dining Benefit, which includes the Local Dining Credit.
  • Enrolled Card Members will be eligible to receive a maximum of $200 back on spend at participating local restaurants per redemption period. Spend can be in one or more transactions.
  • Participating restaurants can be found here. For clarity: “participating local restaurants” means participating restaurants located in Australia. Participating restaurant list subject to change, please check before you dine as you may not be eligible for the credit.
  • A one-time enrolment is required for the Local Dining Credit via your Amex Offers from 5 July 2022 and Card Members will automatically be enrolled for the following redemption periods from their enrolment date and do not need to re-enrol. The final date to enrol and spend for the Local Dining Credit is 31 December 2024.
  • Benefit resets annually on 1 January until 31 December 2024. The redemption periods are:
    • 05 July – 31 December 2022
    • 1 January – 31 December 2023
    • 1 January – 31 December 2024
  • Credit not redeemed during the applicable redemption period will not roll over to the following redemption period and will expire. Your Card must be charged prior to the end of each redemption period (31 December) to be eligible for the credit within that redemption period.
  • This Benefit is available to Primary American Express Australia Platinum Card Members only. If you switch to a new Card product that is not eligible for this benefit, enrolment will be removed from your Card Account. If a Card you hold is ineligible, you will not be able to see the benefit, nor will you be able to save the benefit to the Card. If you are no longer eligible for this benefit due to a change in Account status, including but not limited to fraudulent flags, suspension or cancellation, it will be removed from your Account.
  • Benefit only available for dine in services. Benefit excludes purchases of gift cards and vouchers, transactions made towards deposits charged upfront by the venue, cancellation and no-show charges, take away or dine-at-home services.
  • Benefit limited to the Card to which the offer is saved and only spend on this Card counts towards the benefit. Transactions made with an Additional Card are not eligible for the credit.
  • Excludes transactions made through a third-party establishment or payment processor.
  • Credit is not redeemable for cash or other payment form.
  • Credit should appear on your billing statement within 5 business days from qualifying spend but may take up to 150 days from the transaction date.
  • Credit may be reversed if your qualifying purchase is refunded or cancelled.
  • Full Offer Terms available here
A nice offer for a change. $200 for local dining and $200 for dining abroad.

This is a good offer, of course noting that this is dine-in only at select restaurants.

Not going overseas this year unfortunately, but yes I can use it in 2023.

At the current exchange rate $200 through Pocket Concierge in Japan will go a decent way. I reckon it's about a 15% markup over standard rates, so not bad.

Pelago - 100 / 40

And the big one

McDonalds - 25 / 5
Both those on my Gold CC but neither (and nothing else) on my Biz card.

The Pelago offer might be useful for me. I’m heading to Singas shortly. Might have to look at something worthwhile to pre-book. Looks like you can also double dip with SQ miles + QFF miles in my case. Not that 100 KF miles is going to make a huge diff in reaching my next redemption.

And my card has neither offer.
I would just check back tomorrow. I've often found with statement credit offers that they don't appear instantly for everyone at once and that sometimes an offer I don't have will have shown up for me the next morning.

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..

Recent Posts

Back