New Amex Android App

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr_Orange

All I can say is wow!! So much better than the old app. Fingerprint login, pending transactions shown properly, MR balance and listing, Offers and LC interface is much better.

Well done Amex!

My MR listing only shows my Local Champion points and the travel credit?

All I can say is wow!! So much better than the old app. Fingerprint login, pending transactions shown properly, MR balance and listing, Offers and LC interface is much better.

Well done Amex!

Um this has been out for ages no?

Edit: Apologies didn’t see the word Android :) Poor old android so far behind!

the app as a whole is pretty nice, slight issue they might need to look at is the "membership" tab where I can only see local champion and refer a friend bonus points, it doesnt list any points earned through purchases....

Much improved app.
Particularly like not having tintype the password

I've been hanging out for fingerprint login and am very happy for it.

the app as a whole is pretty nice, slight issue they might need to look at is the "membership" tab where I can only see local champion and refer a friend bonus points, it doesnt list any points earned through purchases....

Yes, although previously I didn't get any listing of points transactions but just a balance, so I guess this is an incremental improvement?

My MR listing only shows my Local Champion points and the travel credit?

Where do I go to see the travel credit? I have a fresh one on my Explorer and will be due one on my Plat Edge soon, and can't see it in the app.

Where do I go to see the travel credit? I have a fresh one on my Explorer and will be due one on my Plat Edge soon, and can't see it in the app.

It shows up in your points balance under the 'Membership' tab.

It shows up after it has been credited and against the date that it was credited.
As a transaction line item?

Maybe it got aged out of my listing before it ever showed up. I have a pretty active Local Champion transaction history, and the earliest transaction showing (I think there are 25) is from the first couple of days of my current billing cycle, which might be just after the credit was posted.

visually its very nice for me,

95% seems much better, am happy with it,

but I feel the menus at the bottom are harder to access and its harder to navigate the sub menus
(might be just because its new)

I do not like using my login password in public so the new fingerprint login is a nice improvement.

As global Android market share is over 80% and global iOS market share is under 15%, you would think Android would get priority. The Apple marketing spiel to these large corporates must be very powerful however....

Smartphone OS global market share 2009-2018 | Statistic

As global Android market share is over 80% and global iOS market share is under 15%, you would think Android would get priority. The Apple marketing spiel to these large corporates must be very powerful however....

True, but (unfortunately IMHO) iOS is more dominant in Australia (~35-45%), and I would make a guess that it's probably even more when you segment that further in to those who also own an AMEX card. "Management" in a lot of places also seem to be easily brainwashed in to thinking Apple products should be the priority (even in use cases where statistics don't back that up).

must admit this new layout is growing on me!

the only thing that sux is that my avaialble creidt is saying zero whilst before it used to say negative whatever it is

I'm still struggling to feel an improvement. I do have 4 card types which may be a factor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..

Recent Posts

Back