netflix only 0.5 points per dollar

Status
Not open for further replies.

dcooper

Intern
Has anyone else experienced netflix only being .5 points per dollar spent? I get 1 point for itunes but only .5 for nextflix?

It is the same with Stan. They must categorise them within " • Telecommunication providers which includes goods and services purchased from phone, mobile and internet service providers"

I don't use iTunes so I pay using Paypal or Netflix gift cards that I get from Coles or Woolworths. Are you using Australian iTunes or US iTunes? If you're using Australia iTunes, wouldn't you be better off buying discounted iTunes cards and using the credit to buy your Netflix subscription?

I had the same experience getting only 0.5 ppd. They classify Netflix as a utility service. I discovered they sell Netflix giftcards at Woolworths, now getting 4ppd :cool:

I had the same experience getting only 0.5 ppd. They classify Netflix as a utility service. I discovered they sell Netflix giftcards at Woolworths, now getting 4ppd :cool:

Sweet - can you use it to pay monthly subscription?

I don't use iTunes so I pay using Paypal or Netflix gift cards that I get from Coles or Woolworths. Are you using Australian iTunes or US iTunes? If you're using Australia iTunes, wouldn't you be better off buying discounted iTunes cards and using the credit to buy your Netflix subscription?

Didn't know you could use iTunes to pay for Netflix

Just an update - you can pay for the monthly Netflix subscriptions with a Gift Card - hello 5% off and 3ppd :D

You just enter the pin code in the My Account section and they give you a heads up if your gift card balance is getting low - sweet :D

Mine comes through as 2 points per dollar but I pay in USD ($7.99/m). Even with the currency conversion it's still cheaper than paying in AUD :)

It is the same with Stan. They must categorise them within " • Telecommunication providers which includes goods and services purchased from phone, mobile and internet service providers"

Just posted the same answer in Amex Velocity Thread.

I had a look at this too. Was wanting to figure out if Foxtel would come through at 1.0 or 0.5
It links back to Amex's merchant codes. A copy of all the merchant codes can be download at: https://secure.cmax.americanexpress....ry_April07.pdf

Netflix and Foxtel are considered "Cable and Other Pay Television Services" which are actually listed under Utilities not telecommunications (Near bottom of Page 8 of merchant code guide)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..
Back