National Gold Rewards Card

Status
Not open for further replies.

glass

Anyone have this? Duno if it's new or old, but it's well hidden. $1=1pt til $3000, then 1.5pt->1 QFF
The only nab card for QFF!

Is it a direct sweep card - i.e. points automatically get transferred to QF?

And was that $3,000/month or annually?

Is it a direct sweep card - i.e. points automatically get transferred to QF?

And was that $3,000/month or annually?

QFF points are one of the options - not a direct sweep, and it is $3000/month, and I thought the earning rates were

0-3000 $1 = 1 point
3001-10000 $2 = 1 point
>10000 nil

(and from there 1.5 point = 1 QFF point)

Yeh that's the one

nab refused to give me that as part of my mortgage package - 500k not enough eh.. :(
oh well.

I have one of those cards - I got it "free" with my mortgage as part of their Choices package. The $3000/month thing is a bit of a pain though - I think I've put through about $12k this month alone - once over the $3k limit you are spending $3 to get 1 QFF point (if you want QFF points)

I have one of those cards - I got it "free" with my mortgage as part of their Choices package. The $3000/month thing is a bit of a pain though - I think I've put through about $12k this month alone - once over the $3k limit you are spending $3 to get 1 QFF point (if you want QFF points)

Better, though, than the ANZ Frequent Flyer Gold card $2500 before 1:1 drops to 1:0.5. Worth a look for me.

Better, though, than the ANZ Frequent Flyer Gold card $2500 before 1:1 drops to 1:0.5. Worth a look for me.

Keep in mind that if you're wanting Qantas points that the actual ratio from NAB is $1=0.66 points for the first $3000, and then it's $1=0.33 points thereafter. So even though the ANZ Frequent Flyer caps aren't great, they still work out better than the NAB alternative.

I think both are not worth the annual fee for such low points and caps

Perhaps, but some of us get it free in a choice package. In fact, it is the cheapest way for me to get an additional visa for SWMBO.

Strangely, the new qantas cards earn the same by visa, 2pt/$3, which from my calc. is the same as this, except here you can choose other awards!
Only diff is you can get an amex qantas card.

I don't think it's strange, really. Most of the QF cards are moving to direct sweep of points. This doesn't really impact on earning rates but does reduce the cards that can get QF points.

Y not? 2 cards from nab, 1 only does QFF
Both give same rate if going into QFF.
Unless you think they'll lose the QFF choice, unlikely since it's not posted here. On amex all new cards can't QFF already.

From my view, 2 QFF cards, 1 has 'more' options!?

NAB gold rewards is definitely losing the QFF option. Both NAB and QF have send me letters confirming this.

Y not? 2 cards from nab, 1 only does QFF
Both give same rate if going into QFF.
Unless you think they'll lose the QFF choice, unlikely since it's not posted here. On amex all new cards can't QFF already.

From my view, 2 QFF cards, 1 has 'more' options!?

NAB Gold Rewards will cease offering an option to transfer to QFF. You'll have to use new NAB cards that offer direct-sweep only.

Also, certain Amex cards (those that credit to Spirit, and Amex Plat/Centurion) still have an option to send points to QFF.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back