NAB Shareholders benefit Credit Cards enhancement

Status
Not open for further replies.

theblank

Established Member
I have been using the shareholders benefit on NAB credit cards for probably 20 years. There has always a requirement to maintain a spend level to get the annual fee waived, Premium cards was $7500 pa, others $4000

I have just checked the shareholders website, and the spend level requirement has been removed.
https://www.nab.com.au/about-us/shareholder-centre/shareholder-benefits
Code:
[COLOR=#000000][FONT=SourceSansRegular]We'll waive the annual card fee on one of the following personal NAB credit cards, for Australian resident shareholders:[/FONT][/COLOR][COLOR=#000000][FONT=SourceSansRegular]
[LIST]
[*]who hold 500 or more ordinary NAB shares; or
[*]are nominated by a company, trust or incorporated body that owns 500 ordinary fully paid NAB shares. A company, trust or incorporated body can nominate one natural person to receive the Shareholder Benefit.
[*]and hold a personal NAB credit card account (eligible card products are listed below)
[/LIST]

[/FONT][/COLOR]
[COLOR=#000000][FONT=SourceSansRegular][TABLE="width: 325"][TR="bgcolor: inherit"][TD]NAB Credit Cards[/TD][TD="align: right"]Current annual card fee[/TD][/TR][TR="bgcolor: #F6F8FA"][TD]NAB Rewards Classic[/TD][TD="align: right"]$95.00[/TD][/TR][TR="bgcolor: inherit"][TD]NAB Low Fee[/TD][TD="align: right"]$30.00[/TD][/TR][TR="bgcolor: #F6F8FA"][TD]NAB Qantas Rewards[/TD][TD="align: right"]$95.00[/TD][/TR][TR="bgcolor: inherit"][TD]NAB Velocity Rewards[/TD][TD="align: right"]$95.00[/TD][/TR][TR="bgcolor: #F6F8FA"][TD]NAB Rewards Platinum[/TD][TD="align: right"]$195.00[/TD][/TR][TR="bgcolor: inherit"][TD]NAB Premium[/TD][TD="align: right"]$90.00[/TD][/TR][TR="bgcolor: #F6F8FA"][TD]NAB Qantas Rewards Premium[/TD][TD="align: right"]$250.00[/TD][/TR][TR="bgcolor: inherit"][TD]NAB Velocity Rewards Premium[/TD][TD="align: right"]$150.00[/TD][/TR][TR="bgcolor: #F6F8FA"][TD]NAB flybuys Rewards[/TD][TD="align: right"]$95.00[/TD][/TR][/TABLE][/FONT][/COLOR]
[COLOR=#000000][FONT=SourceSansRegular]Annual card fees are current as at 1 June 2017 and are subject to change. NAB may vary these benefits from time to time.[/FONT][/COLOR]

Just found another bonus, After checking through my paperwork, I also just discovered they gave both myself and my wife a Shareholders card. Then I read this, which is great. (Even though my holding is in our SMSF, becuase we are individual trustees we can get 2 Credit cards from NAB for free)

Joint shareholders are eligible to access this benefit separately, for one credit card account held in each of their names. In this case, the same Shareholder Benefit number will be linked to each credit card.

Noting that its usually been the case that you cannot apply for the credit card using the Shareholders benefit. You can only request it to be added to an existing card which means you will pay the initial annual fee up front - if there is one. For sure, apply for a card with first year annual fee and then switch it later.

Are there any potential hassles from blurring the line of SMSF & you as an individual?

Anyone here have any experience with combining the shareholder benefit and a bonus points sign-up offer on one of the eligible cards?

I have been using the shareholders benefit on NAB credit cards for probably 20 years. There has always a requirement to maintain a spend level to get the annual fee waived, Premium cards was $7500 pa, others $4000

I have just checked the shareholders website, and the spend level requirement has been removed.
Shareholder benefits
Code:
[COLOR=#000000][FONT=SourceSansRegular]We'll waive the annual card fee on one of the following personal NAB credit cards, for Australian resident shareholders:
[LIST]
[*]who hold 500 or more ordinary NAB shares; or
[*]are nominated by a company, trust or incorporated body that owns 500 ordinary fully paid NAB shares. A company, trust or incorporated body can nominate one natural person to receive the Shareholder Benefit.
[*]and hold a personal NAB credit card account (eligible card products are listed below)
[/LIST]

[TABLE="width: 325"][TR="bgcolor: inherit"][TD]NAB Credit Cards[/TD][TD="align: right"]Current annual card fee[/TD][/TR][TR="bgcolor: #F6F8FA"][TD]NAB Rewards Classic[/TD][TD="align: right"]$95.00[/TD][/TR][TR="bgcolor: inherit"][TD]NAB Low Fee[/TD][TD="align: right"]$30.00[/TD][/TR][TR="bgcolor: #F6F8FA"][TD]NAB Qantas Rewards[/TD][TD="align: right"]$95.00[/TD][/TR][TR="bgcolor: inherit"][TD]NAB Velocity Rewards[/TD][TD="align: right"]$95.00[/TD][/TR][TR="bgcolor: #F6F8FA"][TD]NAB Rewards Platinum[/TD][TD="align: right"]$195.00[/TD][/TR][TR="bgcolor: inherit"][TD]NAB Premium[/TD][TD="align: right"]$90.00[/TD][/TR][TR="bgcolor: #F6F8FA"][TD]NAB Qantas Rewards Premium[/TD][TD="align: right"]$250.00[/TD][/TR][TR="bgcolor: inherit"][TD]NAB Velocity Rewards Premium[/TD][TD="align: right"]$150.00[/TD][/TR][TR="bgcolor: #F6F8FA"][TD]NAB flybuys Rewards[/TD][TD="align: right"]$95.00[/TD][/TR][/TABLE]
Annual card fees are current as at 1 June 2017 and are subject to change. NAB may vary these benefits from time to time.[/FONT][/COLOR]

Just found another bonus, After checking through my paperwork, I also just discovered they gave both myself and my wife a Shareholders card. Then I read this, which is great. (Even though my holding is in our SMSF, becuase we are individual trustees we can get 2 Credit cards from NAB for free)

Noting that its usually been the case that you cannot apply for the credit card using the Shareholders benefit. You can only request it to be added to an existing card which means you will pay the initial annual fee up front - if there is one. For sure, apply for a card with first year annual fee and then switch it later.
What company do you have for SMSF ?

Anyone here have any experience with combining the shareholder benefit and a bonus points sign-up offer on one of the eligible cards?

If you wait for me to get my first statement I can let you know... I expect it will be before the end of the month.

I signed up for a card last month and then applied the discount not long after. The bonus points are small, but I wanted an emergency/backup card and knew NAB would approve me. I'm unsure if I will get the points because of the discount, but because it's such a low bonus, I won't be too bothered if I don't.

I can now confirm I have received the bonus points, but my first statement hasn't arrived yet so I can't tell you if the first year fee has been reversed or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back