NAB Qantas Rewards Signature card, 75K bonus points, $395 fee, $4000 spend

Status
Not open for further replies.

Damien00

Intern
Offer commences today, is open for applications until 3/9 and includes 0% balance transfer for 6 months

Looks like another new card from NAB if I'm not mistaken. It's Visa only and earns 1ppd up to $5K/month. 0.5ppd between $5K-$20K

It's a little steep on the annual fee considering it doesn't offer a free flight, or any Lounge passes etc. Does include the typical NAB Insurances.

Check the T&C's for more details.

A similar but smaller offer exists for the NAB Qantas Rewards Premium card - 50K points with $250 annual fee.

NAB have released two Signature cards, a Rewards Signature and a Qantas Rewards Signature.
the only differences between the Signature and the existing cards is the points earn rate and the annual fee. Neither have any other benefits typically associated with Signature cards.

The Signature cards havent been included in the Shareholders benefit list yet
https://www.nab.com.au/about-us/shareholder-centre/shareholder-benefits

Applied and have been conditionally approved (I assume subject to income verification) for this new NAB Signature card. I have been advised that this card is free when linked to a NAB Choice home loan package.

Hopefully this will be an easy 75k QFF points as long as my upcoming Council rates and car rego etc count towards the $4000 spend. I would have preferred VFF points but the QF card has a bigger sign on bonus...

Last edited:
Applied and have been conditionally approved (I assume subject to income verification) for this new NAB Signature card. I have been advised that this card is free when linked to a NAB Choice home loan package.

Hopefully this will be an easy 75k QFF points as long as my upcoming Council rates and car rego etc count towards the $4000 spend. I would have preferred VFF points but the QF card has a bigger sign on bonus...

Applied at 21:00 yesterday, fully approved at 10:00 today and the new account details (including CC number) were visible on OLB at midday today.

Now the wait for Australia Post to get the card over to Perth...

Last edited:
The QF Signature was received today, I called to get it linked to my Choice home loan package to avoid the annual fee and then spent the $4000+ on non Amexable expenses. The wait is now on for the 75k to appear in my QFF account.

As an aside, as a result of the plummeting house/rent prices in Perth, my Council rates were just over 10% less than last year. The first Council rates reduction I have ever received as a property owner...

Similar to Pleb Status above, ultra quick card approval and receipt for me - applied in branch (Brisbane CBD) last Thursday lunchtime, card approval later that day and visible in online banking that night. Card must have been posted Friday, as it was at my house on Monday. I applied in branch to ensure they'd link it to my home loan package to get fee free - paperwork received this week refers to fee free. Impressed. Now to spend the $4k

I have been advised that this card is free when linked to a NAB Choice home loan package.

Great point, for some reason I completely forgot about this nice little benefit. I've got a NAB Choice loan also and while I didn't think there was much value in this card originally, 75K points for $0 is a no brainer.... I'll get a few things in order and apply in the next week or so.

Thanks for bringing this to my attention Pleb Status!

Interesting that there's no time limit for new applications.
I've applied for and was approved for the NAB VISA and Amex card earlier this year, twice, and got the 75K signup bonus on both occasions. I'm wondering if I should cancel the cards now and reapply in a week or two? NAB seem to be the only bank that I've looked into that don't have the 18 month exclusion period for sign-up bonuses.

I called to cancel my NAB Platinum cards from the previous deal and they tried to sell me the Signature card. They said that I can still get the sign on bonus as long as I sign up for the Signature cards before I cancel the Platinum cards.

I'm still undecided on whether I should get the Signature card - the annual fee is excessive and I currently use the ANZ Black Visa for my non Amex spend.

for those of you that already applied for and received the NAB credit card, did the Annual Fee hit the account before you got the card, or not until much later, perhaps triggered by your first use of it?

The T&C for the bonus points are so vague for this. I cancelled a low-rate visa from NAB in late July (which I don't really know why I had it, just one that has been with me for a long time), so I'm wondering if I'd qualify for this. I didn't close the old CC and jump straight onto this nor will I have transferred - a time frame in the T&C's would be very beneficial.

The T&C for the bonus points are so vague for this.
For most (maybe all) credit card offers from NAB they dont exclude existing cardholders from getting the offer.
Worked for me when I recently got the NAB Rewards card.

After satisfying the $4k spend criteria on 18 July, the 75k sign up bonus appeared in my QF account this morning. This was three days after my second statement was issued.

The T&C for the bonus points are so vague for this. I cancelled a low-rate visa from NAB in late July (which I don't really know why I had it, just one that has been with me for a long time), so I'm wondering if I'd qualify for this. I didn't close the old CC and jump straight onto this nor will I have transferred - a time frame in the T&C's would be very beneficial.
I don't think it's vague. As long as you did not do a product transfer, you will be fine.

Interesting that there's no time limit for new applications.
I've applied for and was approved for the NAB VISA and Amex card earlier this year, twice, and got the 75K signup bonus on both occasions. I'm wondering if I should cancel the cards now and reapply in a week or two? NAB seem to be the only bank that I've looked into that don't have the 18 month exclusion period for sign-up bonuses.
If you did, you would be eligible given the zero time frame thing. Just be wary of your credit file. Re time exclusion, AMEX is 18 months. ANZ and Westpac are usually only 12. Commbank is not even worth considering anymore given the devaluation of their points.

I'm still undecided on whether I should get the Signature card - the annual fee is excessive and I currently use the ANZ Black Visa for my non Amex spend.
The bonus points from the NAB card would be a lot more than what I get from my ANZ Black form regular spend. Once I've got my bonus points and my credit score has recovered enough I'll be cancelling my ANZ Black and perhaps getting this card. It's on my shortlist to get next. After not having the ANZ Black for 12 months I can apply for it again and get its sign-up bonus all over again (unless the T&Cs change). The banks simply don't reward loyalty these days. They'd rather throw lots of points at new customers than throw tens of thousands of points regularly to existing customers to keep them.

Do you earn points on rates, OSR...etc, ie "government fees" except ATO on NAB cards? Citi issued cards have all specifically excluded those spent post devaluation.

Bonus is now 90K.

Right now, you could receive 90,000 bonus Qantas Points with the NAB Qantas Rewards Signature Card! Simply apply by 12 November 2017 and spend a minimum of $4,000 on everyday purchases in the first 60 days of account opening.*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..
Back