NAB Platinum Rewards, 80k points, $0 fee, $2500 spend.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dannyism

Last edited:
Looks like 2:1 conversion. Also appears VISA only. Also poor points earning. You get 0.75/1 points per dollar, or 0.375/0.5 velocity points per dollar.

Not sure if I've missed it, but it doesn't say anywhere that if you apply and then cancel the platinum - reapply later for the classic card for another 40k points. Says not available when closing/transferring from other NAB CCs but that terminology leaves it kinda open.

Hello everyone,

I am new member and this is my first forum post.

Great new offer and happy new year 2017! to all.

I think the transfer ratio is 2:1 for velocity..so you can get 40k Velocity points. Just called NAB rewards and they told me its a new product...blah blah blah...but finally spoke to a supervisor who confirmed that it is 2:1 :)

Just applied for this card, emailed my payslips, called the 1300 number to speed up the processing and already got an SMS that my card is approved :).

This is my first NAB CC application and during the application process NAB asks you your consent to read your VEDA credit file for online verification...obviously i declined. You get the option to verify yourself via pincode they will SMS to ur registered mobile number...All good there.

Cheers
Tuf

Applied for the card. Was110% honest about income in case they checked.

24 hrs later approval sms subject to pay slips

I submitted 50k part time income.
Got approved for nab platinum

Very pleased

Applied for the card. Was110% honest about income in case they checked.

24 hrs later approval sms subject to pay slips

I submitted 50k part time income.
Got approved for nab platinum

Very pleased
theyve been calling me twice per day for payslips and rental income statements, which is nice to see they are persistent

i submitted my docs about half a day ago and I ahve another missed call and msg from them,

will call them tomorrow but I hope its not a problem, have just had a card rejection today for a different card :(

Just approved for this card, my third NAB in 12 months (80K sign on). My first NAB VA Rewards Premium was Feb 2016 (60K sign on). The 2nd card (Sept 16), was also VA Rewards Premium (75K sign on). Both times, I left the previous card intact as advised by the retention person at NAB and cancelled after the new card arrived.

BTW, if for some reason your card is reissued Before the bonus comes through, you will need to phone them to ensure that the bonus carries over to the newly issued card.

Last edited:
Just approved for this card, my third NAB in 12 months (80K sign on). My first NAB VA Rewards Premium was Feb 2016 (60K sign on). The 2nd card was also VA Rewards Premium (75K sign on). Both times, I left the previous card intact as advised by the retention person at NAB and cancelled after the new card arrived.

BTW, if for some reason your card is reissued Before the bonus comes through, you will need to phone them to ensure that the bonus carries over to the newly issued card.

When did you apply for the second VA Rewards Premium card? Looks like NAB doesn't enforce the 12 month new customer policy for the bonus points!

Just approved for this card, my third NAB in 12 months (80K sign on). My first NAB VA Rewards Premium was Feb 2016 (60K sign on). The 2nd card (Sept 16), was also VA Rewards Premium (75K sign on). Both times, I left the previous card intact as advised by the retention person at NAB and cancelled after the new card arrived.

Same for me, onto my third card. However I cancelled mine before applying for the new one. However my partner still has her NAB card so good to know she can just apply for the new one and get the bonus points.

I was asked why I had applied for another card when the last one was only in September. I said that NAB made me an offer I could not refuse. She just laughed and confirmed that this one would get me the 80K rewards. Now calculating multiples of 3000 reward points to transfer neatly before working out what to do next.

Same for me, onto my third card. However I cancelled mine before applying for the new one. However my partner still has her NAB card so good to know she can just apply for the new one and get the bonus points.

wel, ive now had 5 -6 docs requested, todays one is becuase I had a slight variation in my full name vs application, its been almost a month ;)

hvave been told my card has been approved so hopefulyl its just a matter of doing the paperwork

I dont even have VA account yet, but im sure ill get one once the card arrives,

im hoping to apply for a a few more different NAB cards w bonus sign ups too!

I was asked why I had applied for another card when the last one was only in September. I said that NAB made me an offer I could not refuse. She just laughed and confirmed that this one would get me the 80K rewards. Now calculating multiples of 3000 reward points to transfer neatly before working out what to do next.

Is it multiples of 3000 or minimum of 3000... I'll check that later.

Also, the fee on the 2nd card was charged and then reversed. Possibly because I had already paid the first card fee and was told not to cancel it before applying for the 2nd card.

finaly got my card and im a very happy boy

just a question,
1. it says your card is ready to be used now, we have sent a pin to your local branch in a few days

so how do I make purchases when they ask for a pin???

2. im tryin to work out the value of these nab reward points, anyone got a ratio , espeically with QFF

3. I only have a cba VISA at the moment and the points ratio is 0.625 points per $1 spend for QFF points,
whats the best one out there, (fee free/minimal). What do people out there use , surely we do have to use them at some point,
i use paypal for bills that dont accept amex

I've got 4 credit enquires for this one application.

Surely this isn't rifht

The last one was two days before card approval when I resubmitted the last doc

Just been approved. Perfect timing as I need to spend a little over the minimum spend within the next two weeks. NAB is my friend as this will be 250K plus spend points I have been gifted by NAB since Nov 2015. (1x60, 2x75, 1x40)

Will cancel once points hit and wait for the next one.

So how does one view points balance with this card?. I cant for the life of me figure it out.

https://rewards.nab.com.au/ asks me to login via internet banking - which i have. Yet cant find balance etc or anything?. What am i doing wrong.

Cheers.

edit - found it under 'my cards' within internet banking. Although looks like no itemised point list is available. Poorly designed at best.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..
Back