NAB 40,000 Velocity bonus & no annual fee in 1st year

Status
Not open for further replies.

jetpack

Here's one for you fearless card churners.

NAB Rewards Platinum Card
80,000 bonus points - converts to 40,000 Velocity
Must spend $2,500 in 3 months
$195 annual fee waived in first year

just saw this card on oz bargain. unless you can make the forex 3 points per $ work for you woolies / jetstar cards could be better options.

Here's one for you fearless card churners.

NAB Rewards Platinum Card
80,000 bonus points - converts to 40,000 Velocity
Must spend $2,500 in 3 months
$195 annual fee waived in first year

No link available jetpack? It makes it difficult for people to see the offer you are referring to if you do not provide the relevant link.

Often many similar offers are concurrently available. So by not providing a link no one knows what offer you are referring to.

Is this the card you are referring to?

http://www.nab.com.au/personal/banking/credit-cards/nab-rewards-platinum-card

If it is that card, I draw attention to the following term:

'Offer is not available when closing/transferring from another NAB credit card account or in conjunction with any other NAB credit card offer.'

Last edited:
[h=1]40K = NAB Rewards Classic Credit Card – Earn rewards points - NAB

80K = NAB Rewards Platinum + 80,000 Bonus When You Spend $2,500 within 90 Days + No Annual Card Fee for The First Year[/h]http://www.nab.com.au/personal/banking/credit-cards/nab-rewards-platinum-card

40K sign on:

NAB Rewards Classic Credit Card – Earn rewards points - NAB

oops, double post

To be eligible for the 40,000 bonus points offer, you must apply for a new NAB Rewards Classic Card by 31 May 2017, be approved, and spend $1,500 on everyday purchases within 90 days of opening your account on your NAB Rewards Classic Card. Everyday purchases exclude transactions NAB decides are wholly or partly for gambling or gaming purchases. NAB may vary or end this offer. Points will be credited to the qualifying members account within 3 months of meeting the spend criteria. The annual card fee waiver will be applied at time of card opening, and applies for the first 12 months. You will be charged an annual card fee in the 13th month of your card account. Minimum monthly repayments must be made by the due date each month. Offer is not available when closing/transferring from another NAB credit card account or in conjunction with any other NAB credit card offer.

Under the link that I put in:

Special offer
[h=2]ON A NEW NAB REWARDS CLASSIC CARD[/h]
[h=2]BONUS POINTS & ANNUAL FEE OFFER[/h]

• 40,000 BONUS POINTS when you spend $1,500 on everyday purchases within 90 days & enjoy $0 annual card fee for the first year

• Minimum monthly repayments required. Apply by 31 May 2017. See important information below.

This doesn't seem to be the same offer that jetpack mentions.

jetpack 's card says no annual fee. The link for this card says annual fee $95.

iI would help a lot if
jetpack could provide the link for the card they are referring to.

just saw this card on oz bargain. unless you can make the forex 3 points per $ work for you woolies / jetstar cards could be better options.

Which Woolworths or Jetstar cards are you referring to?

The only cards from Woolworths or Jetstar that I am aware of have annual fees. This offering from NAB is fee free for the first year.

Prev posted in post 6 : NAB Rewards Classic Credit Card – Earn rewards points - NAB

[h=2]ON A NEW NAB REWARDS CLASSIC CARD[/h]
[h=2]BONUS POINTS & ANNUAL FEE OFFER[/h]

• 40,000 BONUS POINTS when you spend $1,500 on everyday purchases within 90 days & enjoy $0 annual card fee for the first year

• Minimum monthly repayments required. Apply by 31 May 2017. See important information below.
Apply Now

The conversion rate from NAB Rewards to Asia Miles is 3:1 if anyone prefers that to Velocity points.

can anyone tell me the miminmum income requiremntes, cant seem to find it

also, I dont have a nab card or rewards account, nor a velocity, how will this work?

can anyone tell me the miminmum income requiremntes, cant seem to find it

This type of information is rarely stated by the bank.

I'd 'guess' $50,000 for the Platinum card given it has a minimum of $6000 credit limit.

For most banks even if they state an annual income it's a flexible concept. They are more interested in debt and ability to repay.

also, I dont have a nab card or rewards account

This is irrelevant to your application. A new account will be generated for you when you apply for this card.

c nor a velocity, how will this work?

Again this is irrelevant to your application. It may be relevant in the future if you chose to transfer your points to Velocity.

There is nothing stopping you from applying for a Velocity account now and potentially using it at some stage in the future.

Last edited:
This type of information is rarely stated by the bank.

I'd say $50,000 for the Platinum card.

This is irrelevant to your application. A new account will be generated for you when you apply for this card.

Again this is irrelevant to your application. It may be relevant in the future if you chose to transfer your points to Velocity.

There is nothing stopping you from applying for a Velocity account now and potentially using it at some stage in the future.

I know 99% of my posts you reply with "go and read the forums properly" but here it goes anyway, ive read more then I have in my entire life :)

when I looked at anz, nab, amex anda few others, they all seemed to mention incomes eg $60k, 75k, , $70k, one card said $40k,

so im surprised this one doesnt have it mentioned,
im currently on low $50s for income hence I need to be careful of which I apply for and which ones check properly

ive got the explorer, and also applied for plat edge,

im looking for annual fee free or first year annual fee free cards to churn unless they come with travel credit like the amex, which the other cards dont, ( iassume)

so I was wondering if this nab wiht 40k or 80k bonus with first year free would suit me,
i have a good score at the moment,

thanks in advnace

I know 99% of my posts you reply with "go and read the forums properly" but here it goes anyway, ive read more then I have in my entire life :)

when I looked at anz, nab, amex anda few others, they all seemed to mention incomes eg $60k, 75k, , $70k, one card said $40k,

so im surprised this one doesnt have it mentioned,
im currently on low $50s for income hence I need to be careful of which I apply for and which ones check properly

ive got the explorer, and also applied for plat edge,

im looking for annual fee free or first year annual fee free cards to churn unless they come with travel credit like the amex, which the other cards dont, ( iassume)

so I was wondering if this nab wiht 40k or 80k bonus with first year free would suit me,
i have a good score at the moment,

thanks in advnace

As I've already indicated in my experience most cards don't have a limit specified, or if they do it's a 'guide'.

The decision of which card(s) to apply for is a decision that you will need to make. You may need a financial planner or an accountant to look at this for you and you may even want to discuss it with the bank directly BEFORE you make your application. However if I was earning 50K I'd think 3 cards which had a combined limit of under $10K should be fine.

As I've already indicated in my experience most cards don't have a limit specified, or if they do it's a 'guide'.

The decision of which card(s) to apply for is a decision that you will need to make. You may need a financial planner or an accountant to look at this for you and you may even want to discuss it with the bank directly BEFORE you make your application. However if I was earning 50K I'd think 3 cards which had a combined limit of under $10K should be fine.

im not looking for huge limits, or status but I might apply for the nab rewards paltinum with 80k bonus points first,

my normal every day card is $5k, and exploreer is $6k, reduced down from $37k,
so you definitely do recommend dropping the explorer down even further?

im not looking for huge limits, or status but I might apply for the nab rewards paltinum with 80k bonus points first,

my normal every day card is $5k, and exploreer is $6k, reduced down from $37k,
so you definitely do recommend dropping the explorer down even further?

It'd probably depend on other aspects of your credit history like length, repayments, types of credit, assets, living situation etc.

I applied for Explorer this week and was approved instantly, despite it being my 5th credit card and with existing credit limits across all other cards already totalling about 50% of my annual income.

(Don't know what the Explorer limit is yet: probably have to wait for the letter.)

If your credit history isn't great, perhaps consider lowering some limits - but if it's good you shouldn't have too many problems (in theory).

Others may be able to help here: if you apply for a NAB Platinum card and don't make the cut, do they automatically give you the non-Platinum card instead? If so, that could be a backup plan. :)

It'd probably depend on other aspects of your credit history like length, repayments, types of credit, assets, living situation etc.

I applied for Explorer this week and was approved instantly, despite it being my 5th credit card and with existing credit limits across all other cards already totalling about 50% of my annual income.

(Don't know what the Explorer limit is yet: probably have to wait for the letter.)

If your credit history isn't great, perhaps consider lowering some limits - but if it's good you shouldn't have too many problems (in theory).

Others may be able to help here: if you apply for a NAB Platinum card and don't make the cut, do they automatically give you the non-Platinum card instead? If so, that could be a backup plan. :)

thank you
my creidt is spotless execpt for the exploerer application recently, i have a score of 756 at the moment,

the income i have been told is verified by anz and nab so I cant really apply,I might drop the limits a bit further

well I just applied and got this

Thank you for applying for a NAB Rewards Platinum Card. We haven't been able to approve your credit card yet. We'll need to take a closer look at your application, which can take a few days.
We've verified your identity
Using the information you gave us, we've confirmed your identity.
What happens next?
We will contact you within five business days if we need any more information.
i
m hoping this is just the first step to approval

Thank you for applying for a NAB Rewards Platinum Card. We haven't been able to approve your credit card yet. We'll need to take a closer look at your application, which can take a few days.
We've verified your identity
Using the information you gave us, we've confirmed your identity.
What happens next?
We will contact you within five business days if we need any more information.

Seems right if you don't have a NAB account and is pretty standard for most CC applications as a whole.

I'm on. Application accepted straight away. Had to email payslips.

do you get the bonus points if you are an holder of the nab qantas card? the T&C is not very clear? or can I open the NAB qantas card first and cancel once i get the bonus points then apply for this one??? keen to get your understanding

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back