Missed the 4 point font advertising the change to the 1:1 ratio for QFF's for Silver?

Status
Not open for further replies.

abby-line

Did anyone else miss this until it was too late?

Did anyone else only find out about the change when they tried to convert their Citibank points across to QF and notice it then?

Added to my already huge frustrations with Citibank's Customer Service, this has really caused me to consider what actions can be taken. I was considering upgrading to a Gold card just so I can get the points out at the ratio I signed up for, but am unable due to an increase in limit given two months ago and their policy for only one increase every six months.

I'm considering going to the ACCC with this. Citibank are the only financial instituion who would dare hide this MAJOR change to a program/contract in a promotion, in a 4 point font no less! Oh and advertise it in the Australian newspaper (the newspaper with the lowest circulation) and expect their customers to happen to read it. Whilst I understand it's their right to make a change, it's the under-handed way in which they (didn't) tell their customers, that is wrong.

I didn't spend up big on my credit card, thinking 'Points, Points..' every dollar I spent, to be ripped off by them with their lack of appropriate communication. :evil:

Anyone else want to jump onboard?

Re: Missed the 4 point font advertising the change to the 1:1 ratio for QFF's for Sil

There is along thread on this and if you search you should find it. That will provide further background for you.

On this forum I think most would have moved the points out in time , or will have upgraded to Gold or Platinum.

Re: Missed the 4 point font advertising the change to the 1:1 ratio for QFF's for Sil

Thanks - have read all the threads on it..

Am just wondering what actions others have taken, or would consider taking, and wondered if general consensus is that it would be worthwhile?

Last edited:

I think count yourself lucky it's 1:1.

I had relatives who lost quite a bit a few years ago when the NAB moved from 1:1 to either 1:0.5 or 1:0.75.

Many cards are now less than 1:1 and/or subject to a monthly or annual capping.

It's not 1:1 anymore. I could have mitigated this had I accepted their offer to upgrade to Gold, but I chose not to at the time and now it's 1:0.5 and am losing half my points.

Did anyone else only find out about the change when they tried to convert their Citibank points across to QF and notice it then?

I was considering upgrading to a Gold card just so I can get the points out at the ratio I signed up for,

Just so you know.
At the end of march neither Gold or Silver cards will be able to transfer to QFF.

You will need to have a platinum card to transfer to QFF

Thanks for that
:)
Just want to upgrade to Gold for the purpose of getting my points to QF before 31 March. Then I'd be (theoretically) high-tailing out of there.

Just slightly off topic, what are the rules for the other programs (Krisflyer and Velocity)? Are they still 1:1 for Silver? What the minimum amount you can transfer?

Am also interested in this. I have had a Citi Gold card for at least 5 years, now aren't happy that people are forced to platinum if they want to stay with QFF.

Also, haven't been happy with Citi customer service for quite a while.

Am trying to cough the Krisflyer & Velocity options.

Just slightly off topic, what are the rules for the other programs (Krisflyer and Velocity)? Are they still 1:1 for Silver? What the minimum amount you can transfer?
They are 1.5 CB points: 1 FF point

I missed this too and didnt realise until Nov 08 when I tried to transfer my points. I hardly read the messages included in the statement as most of the time is just advertising. I ended up upgrading to Gold just so that I can get my points out for 1:1 QFF. Will end up keeping the until the next anniversary of upgrade or until I can find a better one. My QFF points are still there, as I am now considering leaving it there for transfer to other flyer awards eg Krisflyer.

They are 1.5 CB points: 1 FF point
But it's a different (presumably better) rate for the Gold or Plat card holders? Is that right?

But it's a different (presumably better) rate for the Gold or Plat card holders? Is that right?
It's the same rate for plat and gold. I dont think silver offers the facility to transfer to krisflyer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..
Back