Min spend to WAIVER Altitude GOLD fee?

Status
Not open for further replies.

PLANT

Established Member
Hi all,

Been a Premier Advantage fee customer for 9 yrs.
Never paid credit card but $400 annual fee for package :(

Tonight got the call to take off Premier package, lose .7 discount but all the same except will be charged $150 for card.

What spend per year to get fee waivered?
Any pointers/ tips?
I'm an average $25,000

Now I have Bankwest Plat, Wizzard, Ignite, just lost fee free St George and the mighty Coles Source card holder.

I have 100,000 Altitude points.....

On this rejig\shakeup what do think the best option for me?

The Bankwest Plat no points but got the 90 days and travel insurance and FREE.
Coles points if I use it everyday stuff.

What should I do with 100,000 points? Transfer to QF or spend on?
Or should I hit em with everything any any suggestions on this site to TRY get it waivered and keep account?

Does NAB still offer BPAY points on their cards?
Points rate any good?

Other option is maybe get sup CBA Plat card from family?
How many sup card does CBA Plat give out....3-4?

Been a while since last post but I'm back like Gorden Gecko!

Would you please elaborate on what has happened, as it's not clear from your post.

You make reference to changes to the Premier Advantage Package and to a phone call - what changes and what call?

FYI, there is no Altitude Gold annual fee waiver based on a min. spend - there is for many Westpac cards, but not Altitude.

Altitude points have not been able to be transferred to Qantas FF for a couple of years, unless you took up the limited offer and have an Altitude Qantas Gold card.

We care about u call....changing to save u money blah blah...how can we make u happy.....

I'm sure someone has their fee waivered on altitude? M8 said he had same package and he had to pay for card as well as package...me never for both cards?

Whoops forgot QF not an option your right doh!

So thanks for the questions how about a few more answers ie options of what to do now please!

Does NAB still offer BPAY points on their cards?
Points rate any good?

Other option is maybe get sup CBA Plat card from family?
How many sup card does CBA Plat give out....3-4?

Been a while since last post but I'm back like Gorden Gecko!

FYI- I would use all of altitude points for gift cards before they increase the redeem ratio, because I don't think it is worth to transfer them to any FF programs unless you already got large balance in some of them.

NAB always offer points for BPAY as long as your supplier accept that from your credit cards, so far the best card for NAB is QF platinum card, earning ratio is 1:1.5 for Amex and 1:0.66 for Visa.

CBA platinum is not worth for $295 IMHO, it has points cap and supplementary card is not free either.

If you wish to stay with Westpac the Earth Platinum Card is the way to go. 1.5 QFF points per $ on Amex directly transferred to account. We ditched our Altitude card for this are also on their Premier Advantage and I think Shrek haggled them down to $150 from $250 for the card fee

Well looks like no luck getting it free so:

Can I have some feedback on the following........

1. Ditch the Altitude card
a) spend the points on vouchers? 100,000points
and \ or
b) spend the points on bonus 25% velocity convert now!
Currently get cheap flights ;) how long can hold in velocity account?

2. Use Bankwest Plat for travel and purchase insurance

3. Use the Coles myer source for everyday purchases to get Flybuy points, fuel.

Better free card at the moment with rewards?

4. Wizard card does the overseas purchases ;)

Cheers

Well to update all......

Got told that don't have to pay for Gold Credit card for as long as I have a loan.
Ditched Premier package and therfore no fee.
So keeping the card.

But in my updating\planning my above strategy Bankwest wanted service check and now have CHIPPED BANKWEST PLAT card for free.

Then Wizard wanted me ID again! Next thing I know I'm getting PAYPASS as they have now turned into 28 degrees! Three paypal changes later and I'm set.
Found and alerted PAYPASS their website to locate PAYPASS stores does not work.

Trusty Coles is the same or did that get chipped too?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..

Currently Active Users

Back