Millions of $ through an Amex each year. Which is the best reward Card or Cards?

Status
Not open for further replies.

infinity

Established Member
I am fortunate enough to be able to place millions of $'s through Amex cards each year. So far I use uncapped Westpace Platinum Altitude Amex and their Platinum Earth Card. (ANZ offer a similar suite of cards.). I appreciate its a competitive market, but would love feedback on any better options. Many Thanks:D:D

Have a look at Citi Select redeeming into SQ points at 1.333 rate as a Visa card. Also the Qantas version gives a point a dollar on Visa. Both of these cards are uncapped .
There are two entry barriers which are the annual fee and the 120,000 income requirement.
Currently Citi are giving promo points on both of these cards.
Amex Ultimate,Westpac platinum Kris Flyer Amex and Amex Platinum Velocity are the three best cards for my needs to get uncapped points into 3 different plans if you are using American Express.

Have a look at Citi Select redeeming into SQ points at 1.333 rate as a Visa card. Also the Qantas version gives a point a dollar on Visa. Both of these cards are uncapped .
There are two entry barriers which are the annual fee and the 120,000 income requirement.
Currently Citi are giving promo points on both of these cards.
Amex Ultimate,Westpac platinum Kris Flyer Amex and Amex Platinum Velocity are the three best cards for my needs to get uncapped points into 3 different plans if you are using American Express.

I find I can get the best of most worlds as WBC Altitude can push to Singapore/MAS/Air NZ, Velocity and Air Aisia and the Earth card deposits with QFF

I dont need a Visa option as I can use the Amex. I used to have the Citicard but blew out the points cap in a month

With the current arrangement I can even use the WBC booking service to cash thier points for flights such as Emirates!

Could you describe a couple of those transactions further as cashing points has generally produced the worst results?

Feel free to Give me your details and I'll gladly provide a supplementary card on one of my Amex:D

Could you describe a couple of those transactions further as cashing points has generally produced the worst results?
Agreed most occassions its not the best value if you can get a classi or equivalent ASA on the QFF program for example. Recently I flew SYD AKL for a world cup match and there were no points tix on QFF Air NZ or Virgin. The best result was using Westpac Flight bookings for J on EK.
The A380 was oustanding, worth more points to cash than flying on a jumbo or other planes anythime!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..
Back