MC/Diamond Pay wave Pending Transaction Query

Status
Not open for further replies.

SOPOOR

Established Member
ive got a MC and Diamond Amex card,

I only use the Amex card and for Visa/MC charges I use another banks card,

my pending transactions, always appear immediately, every now and again it says "pending transactions unavaiable" type error msg.

last night, I made a amex purchase for a small amount but the shop person was new and didnt know what she was doing, and there is a chance that the charge may not have gone through, and also because I dont actually remmeber putting my PIN in,

I then went to a fast food joint and bought something using my MC because I had forgot my usual non CBA visa card,

I used the paywave thing, and this has also not shown up as a pending transaction

do paywave transactions come up instantly as well?

I called the bank and they cant seem to find either transactions, they did say "maybe the fast food place hasnt done teh accounts yet" which in laymans terms means, "I am a customer service rep and have no idea how teh system works, so im saying this to not make me look silly"

Last edited:
I've always found when using contactless payments that for many big companies (coles/woolies/maccas - i.e. the ones who run their own banking servers) it can take up to a week for some transactions to "appear" and / or to go from "pending" to complete.

I've always found when using contactless payments that for many big companies (coles/woolies/maccas - i.e. the ones who run their own banking servers) it can take up to a week for some transactions to "appear" and / or to go from "pending" to complete.

ok thanks!!

maybe the first transaction has been forgotten by the shop staff and the second one will come soon!

I called the bank and they cant seem to find either transactions, they did say "maybe the fast food place hasnt done teh accounts yet" which in laymans terms means, "I am a customer service rep and have no idea how teh system works, so im saying this to not make me look silly"

No, it means the shop has not settled its daily transactions, which is a manual process for many eftpos terminals where all the transactions are batched from the day and sent to the bank so the interbank settlement process can start. Usually its done when a reconciliation of the till is done.

well it must be a record, 1 week after the transaction, the fast food joint one has come up,

I thought I got a free meal!!! oh well,

however ,the other place has not come up yet so I might have got a free drink at that venue!

bizzare it took 1 week, and didnt show up as pending, I made a few purchases about an hour ago, and everyone of them has come up as pending immeidately (both small companies and large)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back