Making a car lease final payment using Qantas Premier MasterCard

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hackensack

Hi guys

I am new here and wondering if someone could advise if there's any way to make an EFT or cash deposit via a credit card to rack up points?

Basically I am coming to the end of my car lease and need to make a final payment of $18k. The leasing company accepts EFT or bank cheque for payment but not credit cards. I am wondering if there is some sort of third party service maybe that could make a direct deposit whilst taking the money from my Qantas Premier Platinum MasterCard? Does anybody know if this is possible?

Moreover, it seems the card has a 3 pts per dollar promo this month. Presumably if I could make this payment work on my credit card I would get 3 x 18k so I'm even more eager to make this work

Anyone know if this is even possible?

Thanks very much

No idea of such of a service but if you find one it may be worth checking that your card issuer does not treat the transaction as cash advance. If they do, it'd be an expensive way to get extra points.

We tried to pay for husband's car on credit card and unfortunately they would only take...I think it was 10% or suchlike
As mentioned above I would be thinking you would be charged a cash fee via a 3rd party

Try a service like Easy Bill Pay can use MasterCard or Visa to find bank transfer to ordinary bank account. It’s always gone through as a purchase for me. I have no experience of using it with Citi/Qantas Premier cards. Costs 0.8%. You’ll need to figure out if that’s worthwhile for you especially if your card has a monthly points cap.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..
Back