Load and spend to earn x,xx_ Qantas Points [Qantas Cash]

Status
Not open for further replies.

TomVexille

Enthusiast
Just received the following email.

Dear TomVexille,

Now is a great time to start using Qantas Cash for things you do every day. You can earn 1 point per AU$2 spent on all eligible purchases* with Qantas Cash - from buying the groceries, to purchasing your petrol and even shopping online - anywhere that MasterCard[SUP]®[/SUP] is accepted electronically. Plus, with the convenience of PayPass[SUP]™[/SUP] on your Qantas Card, you can save time on purchases under AU$100.
hpXMN8avl9OY4Gwf2fx5sf08h7i35cpxsZCmBKzd7LOIJGqHx3B4DeGYH7kJqaqEIfxdbW6etkrVkUA-auznDRTCCYsuiXTmnkx7Z90uzCgJxNX8MJBC=s0-d-e1-ft
You’ll also receive a bonus 2,500 Qantas Points when you start using Qantas Cash[SUP]^[/SUP].
hpXMN8avl9OY4Gwf2fx5sf08h7i35cpxsZCmBKzd7LOIJGqHx3B4DeGYH7kJqaqEIfxdbW6etkrVkUA-auznDRTCCYsuiXTmnkx7Z90uzCgJxNX8MJBC=s0-d-e1-ft
To earn 2,500 Qantas Points, simply:
Register by clicking the link below; and
Load and spend AU$250 or more on eligible purchases* within 21 days of receiving this email.
EWI5OhTVR0jAN9uAnBZBDewKBpoMRpk5wPgLnVNkIGTNGGYMRP659vrlowA_U7dNRdAfxjJNJr8h4TttPDDGiyI0EQ4ASaPWR-Dkx5oKJkN-kbhD2lva=s0-d-e1-ft

Looks like I might actually activate my account.

Definitely easy points. Just funny that those of us at Yum Cha on Sunday were discussing how low the actual takeup of Qantas Cash seemed to be within the QFF community.

And no reward for those of us that took up the product right at the start :-|

Definitely easy points. Just funny that those of us at Yum Cha on Sunday were discussing how low the actual takeup of Qantas Cash seemed to be within the QFF community.

I found it useful overseas but don't use it everyday like a savings account. It will be good when they load more currencies onto it. I think it sits at 10 different countries now.

Hmmm...I just did this for +1 but only for 1000 QF pts :(

I was a slow taker-upper, but I must say its growing on me. Not that its unique in what it does, but it is handy to have a bunch of currencies on it, ready to roll. The downside being of course that its lazy money, with some-one else getting the use of it while it sits there waiting for the next trip. But little different in a practical sense from the wads of foreign folding cash I used to keep at home.

I don't see it as the much vaunted hedge against FX movements though. You'd have to put a lot on for that to be worthwhile over a month or three timeframe (a second GFC notwithstanding!) and again, then the cash just sits there.

Despite already using the service, would hope I get the email too.

I heard that the take up numbers were as expected. As for personal experiences, was in the Apple store yesterday and the sales rep knew what it was and said he'd used his overseas recently and was happy with it. Also had another person comment on it somewhere, but can't recall where now.

I got a dud deal, reload with at least $1000, yes $1000! and get only 5000 points ahhh no thanks, I would have done the $250 for 2500 points. but $1000 is too much, I guess they must have seen I have an upcoming International trip coming up so want me to reload a high amount.

Not having used Qantas cash before can I withdraw money from my cash card from an Australian ATM?

I was a slow taker-upper, but I must say its growing on me. Not that its unique in what it does, but it is handy to have a bunch of currencies on it, ready to roll. The downside being of course that its lazy money, with some-one else getting the use of it while it sits there waiting for the next trip. But little different in a practical sense from the wads of foreign folding cash I used to keep at home.

I don't see it as the much vaunted hedge against FX movements though. You'd have to put a lot on for that to be worthwhile over a month or three timeframe (a second GFC notwithstanding!) and again, then the cash just sits there.

That's fair. I just haven't had the need to use it yet.

I got a dud deal, reload with at least $1000, yes $1000! and get only 5000 points ahhh no thanks, I would have done the $250 for 2500 points. but $1000 is too much, I guess they must have seen I have an upcoming International trip coming up so want me to reload a high amount.

Not having used Qantas cash before can I withdraw money from my cash card from an Australian ATM?

At least you got an offer.

At least you got an offer.

But saying that this is the first personalised offer I've had from QFF in a longggg time, I've had no DSC, no 25% extra points,etc. So to get a useless offer that doesn't appeal to me out of the blue, means their marketing analytics don't work very well. (for me anyway) ;) Not complaining as such, as any offer is a good offer, but this one ain't for me! :D

But saying that this is the first personalised offer I've had from QFF in a longggg time, I've had no DSC, no 25% extra points,etc. So to get a useless offer that doesn't appeal to me out of the blue, means their marketing analytics don't work very well. (for me anyway) ;) Not complaining as such, as any offer is a good offer, but this one ain't for me! :D

Maybe they think you're doing everything they want you to do?

Maybe they think you're doing everything they want you to do?

With almost 700SC's required for WP requal in just over a months time, they must not want me to requal for WP again... But little do they know I have 700SC's of travel split over QF & CX/KA/QR flights coming up over the next 30 days before requal. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back