Answered - LAX connection to Alaskan T6 | Australian Frequent Flyer
Australian Frequent Flyer

Welcome to Australia's leading independent Frequent Flyer and Travel Resource since 1998!
Our site contains tons of information that will improve your travel experience.

Joining AFF is fast, simple & absolutely free - register now and take immediate advantage of these great BENEFITS.

Once registered, this box will disappear. And you will see fewer advertisements :)

Answered LAX connection to Alaskan T6

jbman

AFF Supporter
Hello,

Looking for advice to confirm what is the process of arriving in LAX then connecting to an internal flight on the same booking.

We will be arriving with QF then connecting to Alaskan located T6 at LAX.

I have read a few conflicting reports on how the connection works now that LAX has the connection tunnels between terminals.

We arrive at TBIT then my understanding is we go through customs, collect bags then go to a transfer desk to check through for the next flight.

My questions are:

Is the transfer desk a QF desk or something generic?

Will we be landside once we go through customs and collect our bags meaning we need to go through security again to get airside to head over to T6?

Any other tips for this transfer would be appreciated.

Cheers J

therudies86

Intern
On arrival at TBIT you will need to go through immigration, collect any bags and then go through customs. You will then emerge landside.

Follow the signs for transit passengers and you can drop off your bags at TBIT.

You will then need to go through security to get airside.

My experience has been variable on queue lengths at TBIT/T4/T5/T6. I've found if arriving from Australia into TBIT and needing to connect then the most efficient way is to go through TBIT security.

If entering at TBIT you can then either use Qantas lounge (if you are entitled), or make your way airside TBIT to T4/T5/T6.

serfty

Qantas
Platinum
Virgin
Platinum
Flights
My Map
On arrival at TBIT you will need to go through immigration, collect any bags and then go through customs. You will then emerge landside.

Follow the signs for transit passengers and you can drop off your bags at TBIT.
While this is correct, I'd like to add a little more detail as you need to drop you bags off before effectively being 'landside'.

After passing through customs, take the right hand ramp up to the bag drop area where you redeposit your bags just before you end up landside.

From there head right and follow the hallway to TBIT transit security.

Aus ATC

Qantas
LT Gold
Virgin
Silver
Flights
My Map
Interesting. It seems that these transfer routes are all airside, but still "within the USA" from an emigration perspective. Having not been to LAX for many years, where (for an international flight) do you pass through passport control and be recorded as "leaving the USA"?

AFF on Air Podcast

• Project Sunrise – AIR018
    Sat, 24 Aug 2019 16:12:31 AEST
      Later this year, Qantas will decide which aircraft it will use to operate non-stop flights from the east coast of Australia to London and New York – a feat it aims to ach ...
  • Choosing a Rewards Program – AIR017
    Sat, 10 Aug 2019 13:32:24 AEST
      If you’re new to the world of frequent flyer points – or moving to a new country – it can be difficult to know where to start. In this episode, Matt discusses the con ...
  • Travel Insurance – AIR016
    Sat, 27 Jul 2019 07:34:12 AEST
      They say that if you can’t afford travel insurance, you can’t afford to travel! In this episode, Matt chats to James Green about the importance of travel insurance, and ...
  • The Qantas Oneworld Award – AIR015
    Sat, 13 Jul 2019 02:07:50 AEST
      Learn how to fly around the world using your Qantas Frequent Flyer points as Matt chats to James Green, an award travel consultant at Frequent Flyer Solutions. This episode ...
  • Qantas Frequent Flyer Changes – AIR014
    Sat, 29 Jun 2019 00:40:35 AEST
      Last week, Qantas announced a major shake-up to its Qantas Frequent Flyer program. In this episode, former Head of Loyalty at Malaysia Airlines, Mark Ross-Smith, joins Matt ...

Community Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
srs56