Latest QR J deals

Discussion in 'Cheap International Airfares' started by Limewood, Jan 9, 2017.

1. Limewood

Limewood Established Member

Sep 20, 2006
    Cairns
    Excellent J value if not is OZ but even then its not too bad here.

Registered Users have the option of removing this and all other advertisements.  Moreā€¦

2. andye

andye Established Member

Jan 14, 2013
    Manly
    Flight Map:
    View my flight map
    On a quick look some good prices EU-Au; definitely competitive but not super-cheap ex-Au

3. Isochronous

Isochronous Established Member

Dec 18, 2009
    1A
    Flight Map:
    View my flight map
    Those are some great fares. Got to love the QR deals!

4. clifford

clifford Established Member

Jul 6, 2004
    Canberra / London
    Some quite good fares, especially for 2 people travelling together.

Just booked my usual CAI-BKK R/T in biz/first for under $1,000 AUD all-in. Not bad but not spectacular.

Promo Code "VISA" gets an extra 15% off.

• Like Like x 1
  5. JaneFlyer

JaneFlyer Junior Member

Jan 2, 2017
    They're not radically different from the QR fares i've found over the past month to be honest. Looking at an itinerary for the end of this year, not yet bookable so have been keeping a vague eye on it - $6300 has been standard ex-MEL in J through to Europe. With the VISA code, it's showing as $6050 now. QR are pretty good with sales I've found.

• Like Like x 1
  6. dec540

dec540 Member

Aug 8, 2014
    Can anyone find bookable fares that correlate with the pricing on their flight deals page? I can see KUL-LHR in J for 7,839 MYR which is approx $2,400AUD, but when I search flights the 'business promo' fares are 14,000 MYR one way.

Any insights?

7. JaneFlyer

JaneFlyer Junior Member

Jan 2, 2017
    Have you checked blackout dates? Are you searching for two people? Have you used the promo code?

8. Chrizztofa

Chrizztofa Member

Jun 7, 2014
    Flight Map:
    View my flight map
    Also having an issue with this. Can't replicate the fares for the dates I want (22 July - 6 August) on ITA Matrix either. I can only guess the promotion page lists the one-way price or my dates fall under the "additional blackout dates" that apply to some countries.

EDIT: Best price I can come up with so far for SE Asia - Europe for those dates is $2059 AUD for HKT-VIE.

9. Ric

Ric Active Member

Nov 29, 2004
    SYD, MNL, HKG, BKI,
    Try the Qatar Philippines site. Pretty good fares there!

10. clifford

Jul 6, 2004
    Canberra / London
    Can be cheaper in the reverse direction, eg $1287 AUD (1746 BGN) for SOF-BKK-SOF for my dates 22 Oct to 15 Nov. LCC flights to all over Europe from SOF, so a good fare, I think.

11. Wanderlust_tim

Jan 30, 2016
    MEL
    Flight Map:
    View my flight map
    I was looking at flights in Y and then crediting to QFF however, the booking classes don't appear to match Qantas' earning tables. It makes me think that these flights won't earn any status credits.

12. Doctore1003

Doctore1003 Member

Jul 27, 2015
    Melbourne
  13. Chrizztofa

Chrizztofa Member

Jun 7, 2014
    Flight Map:
    View my flight map
    That's very handy, thanks! Combine it with a MH ticket from Aus - SE Asia and I think you'd get it through-checked since MH still interline separate tickets? (Won't work coming back though).

14. Daver6

Daver6 Established Member

Dec 31, 2011
    PER
    Flight Map:
    View my flight map
    That's pretty much correct. El cheapo on QR in Y gets you a big fat zero points and SCs with QF unfortunately.

15. Ric

Ric Active Member

Nov 29, 2004
    SYD, MNL, HKG, BKI,
    Here's a sample of the fares ex MNL....e..g. MNL>LHR>MNL J return USD1426 companion fare.

Qatar sale.jpg

• Like Like x 3
  16. Limewood

Limewood Established Member

Sep 20, 2006
    Cairns
    A number of times made our way to ASIA usually fly out of HKG in J sometimes cash mostly QFF points on QR & CX, virtually little fees, and to USA a host of cities direct not just the few QF go to, while it is the long way around I've found seats plentiful unlike QF and their measly allocations. Having friends in SIN & HK is a bonus, and great cities to stopover in.

17. NZflygirl

NZflygirl Active Member

Jul 16, 2015
    New Zealand
    Prices come down usually with a return fare. Each leg will be cheaper. Booking QR promos are available return fares but disappear when I've searched one ways previously. You can do mixed fare bookings too like Y one way, J on return.

18. supa007

supa007 Junior Member

Jun 20, 2014
    Flight Map:
    View my flight map
    I did find BKK-HEL-(ADL/MEL/SYD) for 2 in business class for ~$4100 in late Nov/Dec.

Just use Google Flight to search for dates.

19. clifford

Jul 6, 2004
    Canberra / London
    I recently booked HBE (Alexandria) to ADL R/T in business for June flying A350, for approx AUD 1,600 all-in. Extremely good fare, I thought, And HBE is not too hard to get to (eg Aegean Airlines from ATH).

And it must have been my lucky day, as I also won 100,000 Qmiiles (enough for a J class one way from London to Sydney) in their daily draw.

Just a couple of gotcha's though. Australian and New Zealand residents are not eligible for this promo (not sure why) and you also need to credit your flight miles for the winning booking to your QR FF account. Just as well I'm also a UK resident with UK passport, etc..

However, not too shabby at all.

• Like Like x 3
  20. Dannyism

Dannyism Active Member

Dec 1, 2015
    Melbourne
    What dates?