LATAM/Oneworld status match | Australian Frequent Flyer
Australian Frequent Flyer

Welcome to Australia's leading independent Frequent Flyer and Travel Resource since 1998!
Our site contains tons of information that will improve your travel experience.

Joining AFF is fast, simple & absolutely free - register now and take immediate advantage of these great BENEFITS.

Once registered, this box will disappear. And you will see fewer advertisements :)

LATAM/Oneworld status match

juddles

AFF Supporter
Flights
My Map
very interesting. will try to study and digest the details. Am already Latam Black, but that will drop off at years end - have been focused on other programs. Could I assume they will give me a match from my QF P1 which I will still be next year, to their Black? I know (assume) they will not do a true match from P1 to Black Signature.

jamescara

Wonder if I can be sneaky and book an upcoming NZ trip with them and then apply given there's the booking.

Mattg

AFF Supporter
Flights
My Map
Wonder if I can be sneaky and book an upcoming NZ trip with them and then apply given there's the booking.
I believe the requirement is for you to show a boarding pass and/or ticket for a LATAM flight already taken within the last 12 months. But hey, it could be worth a try!

Croupier

Flights
My Map
Very tempted to try this, I would want to hear of verified WP matches to LATAM Black before I commit the $400 odd cost of a short trip to AKL.
My WP will run out in February so this would be a pretty good option to extend OWE for another year. Failing that I will be happy with my SG demotion.

Danger

AFF Supporter
Does LATAM match oneworld Emerald or do you need top tier in another alliance?

k_sheep

AFF Supporter
Hmm wonder if this is worthwhile me doing. Did LATAM flights in Peru and Ecuador earlier this year. Hmmmmmmmm. Schemes.

k_sheep

AFF Supporter
Ha good point. Okay let's see if I kept those boarding passes ... though surely E-tickets should be good enough ...

Danger

AFF Supporter
Ha good point. Okay let's see if I kept those boarding passes ... though surely E-tickets should be good enough ...
I would think simply the PNR and date of travel should be enough. LATAM can look it up.

infinity

AFF Supporter
Just flew 2 LATAM flights in Argentina this week and submitted the Status match request. MY WP runs out at end of Jaunary and I won't requalify so this would be great if it comes through

Community Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LLL