JL awards now bookable on Qantas website | Australian Frequent Flyer
Australian Frequent Flyer

Welcome to Australia's leading independent Frequent Flyer and Travel Resource since 1998!
Our site contains tons of information that will improve your travel experience.

Joining AFF is fast, simple & absolutely free - register now and take immediate advantage of these great BENEFITS.

Once registered, this box will disappear. And you will see fewer advertisements :)

JL awards now bookable on Qantas website

AIRwin

AFF Supporter
Qantas
Platinum
Virgin
Platinum
Flights
My Map
Thanks for brightening up an otherwise mundane Thursday.
The very same day QF released its first half results...

On a separate note, info on the QF website hasn't been updated:
Frequent Flyer - Flying Qantas and Partner Airlines - Flying with Partner Airlines - Japan Airlines

I'm glad I've already booked my classic reward seat via the QF call centre for a NRT-SIN flight on JL in April as I couldn't find any options on the QF website, even on random dates beyond April. Wonder if the online functionality is restricted to JL flights between Japan and Australia only?

Last edited:

Mattg

AFF Supporter
Qantas
Gold
Flights
My Map
The very same day QF released its first half results...

On a separate note, I'm glad I've already booked my classic reward seat via the QF call centre for a NRT-SIN flight on JL in April as I couldn't find any options on the QF website, even on random dates beyond April. Wonder if the online functionality is restricted to JL flights between Japan and Australia only?
Possibly. Another possible explanation is that the functionality is being rolled out progressively (and isn't finished yet).

I haven't heard anything from QF about the change, just noticed this today when searching on the QF website.

rock86

Established Member
That is awesome, I was wondering when this was going to be implemented as JL has now rolled out Amadeus

travelislife

AFF Supporter
Personally I reckon it’s a bad thing! Availability was pretty good on JL. The extra bit of effort to find the availability on BA, phone and find the right agent probably kept it that way!

snabbu

Established Member
Flights
My Map
Great news. IIRC it's been a few months since they switched over to Amadeus so it was expected.
One the other hand it's been a reliable excuse for the QF agents to waive the assisted booking fee when awards get complex.

love_the_life

AFF Supporter
Flights
My Map
That's good news for me. It's the interminable wait if you have to ring QF to book and I avoid it at all costs.

rock86

Established Member
Personally I reckon it’s a bad thing! Availability was pretty good on JL. The extra bit of effort to find the availability on BA, phone and find the right agent probably kept it that way!
CX is available to book online as well, seems to always be pretty good availability with them still. Most of the herd will still look for purely direct routes so I don't think it will impact it too much.

boomy

AFF Supporter
Now to wait and hope JL bring back F to AUS. Best to book via AA but good value even with QF points.

kermatu

AFF Supporter
Qantas
Platinum 1
Virgin
Platinum
Now to wait and hope JL bring back F to AUS. Best to book via AA but good value even with QF points.
I was just wondering if JL flies F out of Australia - so thanks. One day keen to try - in part from your and others' TRs - and a points option out of Oz would certainly be the easiest for me (in the near-term at least).

tizey

Sure this is working? I'm not able to find anything JL on the QF website, and searching ba.com brings up heaps of availability.

EG. PVG-NRT, early October... JL galore on ba.com, and donuts coming up on QF.

nickfromeastryde

Sure this is working? I'm not able to find anything JL on the QF website, and searching ba.com brings up heaps of availability.

EG. PVG-NRT, early October... JL galore on ba.com, and donuts coming up on QF.
Wondering the same, thinking maybe the aberration is the flights showing up in the first place

drron

AFF Supporter
SYD-NRT early October on BA awards in Y,PE and J on JL.QFF nothing.

Matt_01

AFF Supporter
Flights
My Map
Maybe still in testing.

I actually searched on the same date route that you have posted and get nothing from QF site. Other days as well, no availability.

Mattg

AFF Supporter
Qantas
Gold
Flights
My Map
Hmm, well I'm also no longer seeing any JL availability on the Qantas website. I guess they must have just been testing things out on Thursday.

In any case, hopefully it's a sign that the functionality will indeed be brought in soon.

In the meantime, back to the "search BA, call QF, hope for a good agent" method.

Mattg

AFF Supporter
Qantas
Gold
Flights
My Map
Well I'm seeing JL awards on the Qantas website again today, but only randomly.

Screen Shot 2018-04-12 at 5.18.20 PM.png

AFF on Air Podcast

• Choosing a Rewards Program – AIR017
    Sat, 10 Aug 2019 13:32:24 AEST
      If you’re new to the world of frequent flyer points – or moving to a new country – it can be difficult to know where to start. In this episode, Matt discusses the con ...
  • Travel Insurance – AIR016
    Sat, 27 Jul 2019 07:34:12 AEST
      They say that if you can’t afford travel insurance, you can’t afford to travel! In this episode, Matt chats to James Green about the importance of travel insurance, and ...
  • The Qantas Oneworld Award – AIR015
    Sat, 13 Jul 2019 02:07:50 AEST
      Learn how to fly around the world using your Qantas Frequent Flyer points as Matt chats to James Green, an award travel consultant at Frequent Flyer Solutions. This episode ...
  • Qantas Frequent Flyer Changes – AIR014
    Sat, 29 Jun 2019 00:40:35 AEST
      Last week, Qantas announced a major shake-up to its Qantas Frequent Flyer program. In this episode, former Head of Loyalty at Malaysia Airlines, Mark Ross-Smith, joins Matt ...
  • jb747’s Stellar Career with Qantas – AIR013
    Sat, 15 Jun 2019 03:00:41 AEST
      In this special edition of the podcast, Matt chats to John Bartels (a.k.a. jb747) about his flying career with Qantas, the A380, the QF30 incident, flight training, retirem ...

Community Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kingsr01