Is Merging Credit Card limits Possible?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SOPOOR

Established Member
Well basically, i've had a CBA Standard Visa Card for years for fee free,
Ive also got a CBA AMEX+MC Plat card

however, the AMEX/MC get used like crazy on a daily basis, but the Visa card, maybe 1 transaction per year ,

however, my fee freeness is ending :mad::mad::mad:

i will be cancelling it, however, is there a way or do banks generally merge limits together,

ive kept the card around for years because its free, and I wasn't too sure, nor am I still sure about whether ill keep the AMEX/MC due to high fees, and poor QFF ratios,

or do other people deal with it another better/smarter ways?

Amex will if asked nicely.

Not sure about CBA, but they should be able to do it.

Amex will if asked nicely.

Not sure about CBA, but they should be able to do it.

I can definitely confirm if 2 credit cards are issued by Amex directly then you can merge and change credit limits with the 2 cards, as long as overall credit limit is the same and not increase.

Same thing applied to NAB. They merged my credit limit when I cancel one of their credit cards a few years ago.

thanks eveyrone, it looks unlikey maybe for me then,

I thought the CBA AMEX was issued by CBA????

basically I have a CBA issued Visa Standard,

and I also have a CBA issued Plat MC, which was then issued with a CBA Amex Plat as 2 in 1,

so I guess merging is unlikely!

cool,

called up, they can merge my visa standard and my MC plat together and the limits as well,

my fee free thing expires in september so Ill wait until then, and then merger them,

only problem is that I might cancel my plat card due to the high fees, and I won't have anything to go back to :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..
Back