Answered - Is EK Melbourne Lounge Now open 24h? [no] | Australian Frequent Flyer
Australian Frequent Flyer

Welcome to Australia's leading independent Frequent Flyer and Travel Resource since 1998!
Our site contains tons of information that will improve your travel experience.

Joining AFF is fast, simple & absolutely free - register now and take immediate advantage of these great BENEFITS.

Once registered, this box will disappear. And you will see fewer advertisements :)

Answered Is EK Melbourne Lounge Now open 24h? [no]

serfty

Flights
My Map
The Emirates website indicates the MEL lounge is open 24 hours.

Worldwide lounges

But other sources indicate it is only open early morning and mid afternoon through evening.

Do any have recent experience?

dajop

AFF Supporter
Flights
My Map
Not sure why they would open it 24 hrs, unless there’s a push to get paid entry or eligible status travellers on the EK coded flights operated by QF (eg flights to NZ). Even then there’s not an EK coded departure between 2230 and 0600...

AIRwin

AFF Supporter
Flights
My Map
It looked shut around 5 am after EK409 when I checked it out on Good Friday. And the 24 hour has been removed from the website...

Isochronous

AFF Supporter
Flights
My Map
My only attempt to enter MEL EK lounge ended in failure because I was told that flying QF29 in J wasn't eligible...

serfty

Flights
My Map
They are incorrect. Several people hare have reported being able to access HKG EK lounges before a QF flight.

serfty

Flights
My Map
How early does EK check in open in MEL?
The earliest flight currently is EK409 departing 5am.

I presume check-in opens three hours before that but I'm not sure about Emmigration opening time.

Quickstatus

AFF Supporter
The earliest flight currently is EK409 departing 5am.

I presume check-in opens three hours before that but I'm not sure about Emmigration opening time.
Good question but as the MEL EK lounge opens at 0400, presumably immigration/security will be open at least by then or earlier.

Quickstatus

AFF Supporter
Agree, EK lounge opening hours between 4-6 am doesn’t sound like it’s worthwile

Community Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LLL