RooFlyer

Veteran Member
Qantas
Platinum
Virgin
Platinum
Star Alliance
Silver
What do people think about the up-coming IPO of Latitude Financial (they run the 28 Degrees card), co-managed by CommSec? Worth putting some Super money into?

According to the e-mail I got from CommSec – ‘ The offer is for approximately 622.4 million shares issued by the Company (expected ASX code: LFS) (Securities), at an indicative price range of $2.00 to $2.25 per Security, to raise up to $1,400.4 million.’

How popular do you think the offer will be? That will drive the final price, and the resultant dividend yield etc Broker firm opens 4 October, closes 14 October, bookbuild is 15/16 October

From CommSec:

Key Offer Statistics
IssuerLatitude Financial Group Limited (ACN 625 845 883) and Latitude SaleCo Limited (ACN 625 845 874)
Proposed ASX CodeLFS
Indicative Price Range$2.00 - $2.25
Final Price / Pro forma LTM Jun-20 Cash NPAT per Share12.4x – 13.9x
Enterprise value / Pro forma LTM Jun-20 Adjusted EBITDA7.8x – 8.8x
Total number of Shares on issue at Completion of the Offer (million Shares)1,778.2
Market capitalisation using the Indicative Price Range ($ millions)$3,556.5 - $4,001.0
Total proceeds under the Offer ($ millions)$1,244.8 - $1,400.4
Total number of Shares available under the Offer (millions)622.4
Total number of Shares available under the Offer / total number of Shares on issue at Completion of the Offer35%
Implied annualised 1H20 forecast dividend yield using the Indicative Price Range5.2% - 4.6%

1570407693392.png

The only worry I have is the old saying-big IPO's come at the top of the market.Of course nobody follows the old rules now.

Both currently around $27, I'd sooner buy ANZ or NAB.
Dividends are reasonable and both will certainly go over $30 in the medium to long term.

• Wow
Reactions: sjk
It's 95% an old school credit card Business, yet they are selling it on the basis of the recently launched LatitudePay and trying to get AfterPay like multiples

In the past I have had some good wins from IPO's and there is always a steady stream of stuff from the broker but I seldom participate these days.
Let the market decide the price and go from there

I'm not sure what to think. I thought they were trying to get into loans, hence the need to raise capital. It could be a good time to disrupt. I own shares in 2 majors and 2 smaller banks currently, so I probably shouldn't be looking to un-diversify my portfolio, but if they grow well in the medium to long term then buying in at $2 would be lovely for my ROI.

I've been offered a broker allocation of $100k. Seriously considering taking this up. Hoping to stag and move on.

I will stay with MQG which is Macquarie Bank as their record is pretty good. I went to their AGM this year. They have gone up $100 a share and their dividend and earnings are strong.

I will stay with MQG which is Macquarie Bank as their record is pretty good. I went to their AGM this year. They have gone up $100 a share and their dividend and earnings are strong.
Got a good stag profit on their recent $15,000 SPP in the last month.

Have never sold a share in Macquarie Bank ever so that nest egg grew nicely.
Consumer finance turns to cough if there is a slow down in the economy. No one knows when that will happen but Latitude loses a lot in bad debts each year even during the “good times”.

The latest hire purchase we did on a new car with NAB was at 3.29%. They probably will end up owing about a couple of billion to customers they stiffed.
ANZ was the slowest at repaying their customers that they stiffed. Mrscove was at the Royal Commission in Melbourne when that was discussed.
I hold shares in the top 5 banks because they know how to make money with fairly low bad debts.
Latitude make money but lose a lot of it on bad risk lending.

Is this the new mob run by an ex-postie?

If anyone is keen maybe take a read of this....

I keep thinking “lipstick on a pig” on this one at that proposed pricing.
Totally agree - it’s a case of don’t trust private equity bearing gifts. It’s not that I think Latitude is a bad play. Ahmed Fahour is a bit of a whizz, they are getting into BNPL etc etc. However PE tend to have a long history of dressing up things to make a quick buck. It’s one I prefer to stand off from and look at again after they have come out with a couple of sets of figures. They need good IT systems to make the move from cards to BNPL and has there been an investment in that or is it yet to come. Also massive competition in the BNPL sector and more all the time. (Disclaimer I looked at Afterpay when it was $3 and didn’t like it - so I am definitely not all that good, or maybe too cautious :) ).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..
Back