Involuntary Change J to Y - Questions | Australian Frequent Flyer
Australian Frequent Flyer

Welcome to Australia's leading independent Frequent Flyer and Travel Resource since 1998!
Our site contains tons of information that will improve your travel experience.

Joining AFF is fast, simple & absolutely free - register now and take immediate advantage of these great BENEFITS.

Once registered, this box will disappear. And you will see fewer advertisements :)

Involuntary Change J to Y - Questions

Borisdog

So, I've just been told the first leg of my J return trip tonight ex TSV to AKL has gone tech and the plane has been swapped out to single class and I've ended up in Y.

OK - no problem, but I do have to be on the flight.

The QF rep has stated that I'll be refunded whatever the differential is - OK no problems.

My problem is - I might be cutting it very tight to make P1 ( First time ever!! ) if I don't get original routing credit. And to make matters more interesting it's also a DSC ticket.

Sooooo - Do I still qualify for ORC if I've accepted the downgrade and refund?

equus

AFF Supporter
Absolutely, I see no reason why not. No different to being moved to another carrier, different routing or any other involuntary change. Don't expect much for the refund either.

eddie 73

Kick, scream, argue, and persist... and do it all politely. You have a fair argument and a decent value of future business to win, given your spend this year.

Borisdog

There will be plenty of persistence, no doubt there.

I suppose I really am just wondering if I’ve got a leg to stand on having accepted the downgrade. Root cause analysis would suggest that I’m in this position because of the provider’s “error” though.

I just like to be forearmed , as it were, before I have to do any persuading.

Community Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LLL