HSBC Platinum Qantas Credit Card 10,000 sign up bonus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Welcome Wahlenb and thanks for the info.

10,000 bonus points is pretty cheap these days.
Citibank are offering 40,000 for Citibusiness Visa.
Didn't see on the webpage if you get bonus points
for Qantas purchases.
Notice 2 invitations to the pub are included annually.

Is this card worth the $110 p.a extra than the current HSBC backed Qantas / Woolworths Everyday Rewards Credit Card...?

Edit: While it is good to see more and more credit card offers, this card seems a steep sign up for 10k bonus points, however there is also the two passes to the qantas pub, not sure of the market value of single entry passes these days...?

Last edited by a moderator:
Is this card worth the $110 p.a extra than the current HSBC backed Qantas / Woolworths Everyday Rewards Credit Card...?

Edit: While it is good to see more and more credit card offers, this card seems a steep sign up for 10k bonus points, however there is also the two passes to the qantas pub, not sure of the market value of single entry passes these days...?

Sold mine on eBay for 30 bucks not too long ago (managed to dodge the QF monitors!). So just say 60 bucks brings it down to 139.... Yeh still a lamo offer!

Yeh still a lamo offer!

I agree....

This card is nice being a Visa 1:1 card, but it is not as good as their other card in partnership with Woolworths. This card would have been popular if released +12 months ago, but next to the QEDRCC this one gets a miss...

I agree....

This card is nice being a Visa 1:1 card, but it is not as good as their other card in partnership with Woolworths. This card would have been popular if released +12 months ago, but next to the QEDRCC this one gets a miss...

While it is not stunning, it does have some extra features - the lounge access passes, 2 points per dollar overseas....

$200 for 10K QFF seems a bit rich I'd agree. I've already joined the QP, so QP passes don't have any value to me and the SG plan is well under way. 2:1 overseas earn is probably not the deal it first seems to be - need to look at whatever charges and conversion rates exist for interbank and currency transfers. Last time I did an o/s purchase with my HSBC EDRCC the o/s transfer rate from HSBC was 3% (!!!!).

Which leaves, for me anyway, the insurance component. Love to have a look at this as the Zurich card insurances are usually reasonably decent. Pity that the PDS for this doesn't seem to be available on the HSBC web site ... for goodness sakes.....

Anyway, Looking for a CBA gold Amex/VISA replacement as this currently costs me about $130 a year with zurich insurance (120+10 for QFF opt-in). CBA gives me nothing for free. So 10K points for an extra 70$ is 0.7c/point and probably worth pursuing so long as QFF points keep retaining their nominal value of about 3c/point.

I wonder what they mean by eligible purchases............. I know there is supertext but still doesnt explain real well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back