HSBC Offer - Beware

Status
Not open for further replies.

ashleyn

Established Member
Have ticked all the boxes on the current 40,000 QFF points offer but they are now reneging because the name on the QFF account differs from that on the photo ID. What a load of bollocks, first time anyone has pulled that one. A visit to a branch and treats of financial ombudsman coming up, seems like a blatant ploy to avoid paying the points to me. Am I over-reacting ?

That's just silly, never heard of that one in my life.

Someone's trying to have a lend of you. No pun intended.

Agree, some over zealous help desk jockey making up his own rules. Went to a branch today and the reaction of the staff... "that's ridiculous". They are taking it up with the call centre.

Draft an email to the FOS. Send it to HSBC and tell them they have 10 business days to award the points or the email will be sent to FOS.

I wouldn't even draft it. Just complain to FOS, otherwise they will never findout how stupid HSBC is. Might even investigate 1000's of other issues....

It costs you nothing, but the bank between $100's / $1,000's.

I wouldn't even draft it. Just complain to FOS, otherwise they will never findout how stupid HSBC is. Might even investigate 1000's of other issues....

It costs you nothing, but the bank between $100's / $1,000's.

Got a call back from the branch and all sorted (apparently) so that was a worthwhile trip.

Just realised that I didn't apply for any HSBC offerings this year. Is the offer still available? Anyone have details/ a link?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..
Back