Help needed finding LAX flights

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi There,

I Currently have 500 AMX Points and am looking to somehow to change that to two business class fllghts from MEL to LAX for a week including April 12 2018 for my hubbies 30th. I have never used points and have been spending time researching but finding it hard. I am only AMX gold so can't transfer to qantas, Emirates, Ethiad, kris flyer and VA are my options. VA is the only airline that have a flight not ridiculously long. It seems impossible to find two flights business with VA though.

I managed to on Qantas for 340,000 for two but obviously no good. I am currently looking for march because April hasty opened up but i trying to be prepared and ready for when they do.

Does anyone have any tips for me on how to change use my AMX points in the best way to guarantee business class flights to Vegas or LA please?
I would really appreciate anyones help/input.

Charlotte

Welcome aboard charlottelouise, I guess you have 500,000 Amex points and not 500?

You could look at going Singapore airlines with kris flyer points

Welcome to AFF.

Sorry, but I do not know what you mean by '500 AMX Points'. Do you mean 500 AMEX points. If so this is unlikely to get you very far.

Hi There,

I Currently have 500 AMX Points and am looking to somehow to change that to two business class fllghts from MEL to LAX for a week including April 12 2018 for my hubbies 30th. I have never used points and have been spending time researching but finding it hard. I am only AMX gold so can't transfer to qantas, Emirates, Ethiad, kris flyer and VA are my options. VA is the only airline that have a flight not ridiculously long. It seems impossible to find two flights business with VA though.

I managed to on Qantas for 340,000 for two but obviously no good. I am currently looking for march because April hasty opened up but i trying to be prepared and ready for when they do.

Does anyone have any tips for me on how to change use my AMX points in the best way to guarantee business class flights to Vegas or LA please?
I would really appreciate anyones help/input.

Charlotte
Hi charlottelouise and welcome to AFF,

As others have said we need more information to be able to help you with this. Can you please elaborate your post so people can offer you the appropriate information?

I have moved this from the "introductions" Forum to the more appropriate "American Express" Forum. I'm sure charlottelouise means 500K Amex points in the first paragraph (simple typo), as she mentioned 340,000 points in the second paragraph regarding QF award seats in J. Lovely name/handle ;)

Also, I changed the subject heading to elicit more/better responses

Welcome to AFF charlottelouise.

Do you have the ability to transfer to SPG?

- 480,000 Amex MR transfers to 240,000 SPG points which transfer to 300,000 AAdvantage miles which should be enough for 2 business class awards on QF/AA to the USA
- 450,000 Amex MR transfers to 225,000 SPG points which transfer to 675,000 Marriott points which transfer to 330,000 UA Mileage plus which should be enough for 2 business class awards on UA/*Alliance partners to the USA

I am not certain on the exact miles required for awards.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back