Help choosing best business card for earning QFF points

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cal

Hi there,

I'd be most appreciative of some assistance in choosing the best credit card to maximise the QFF points earned from our monthly BUSINESS spend of approx. $350,000. As a novice in this caper, despite a reasonable amount of research I've found it quite difficult to compare the options, and feel that there are probably some pitfalls that I'm still missing.:confused:

Obviously the various Amex options earn higher points but this is not the complete solution for us as our merchants don't all accept these cards. The combined Amex/Visa options look promising but I don't want to limit our thinking to these at this stage.

Our criteria are:

* Must earn QFF points from business-related transactions
* Should suit spend of approx. $350,000 per month
* As card will be quickly cleared, I'm not concerned about interest-free periods.
* Also, not really concerned about paying a reasonable annual fee

I'd greatly appreciate any thoughts.

Many thanks,
James

Hit up the ANZ or Westpac earth cards, both come with AMEX and Visa.

Forget the business aspect, get it under your own name, run it as a loan account through the biz and watch the points flow in!

Thanks for the post t_t_r.
Excuse my ignorance with this, but how do I "run it as a loan account" and avoid the specific exclusions that most of these cards have on earning points on business-related transactions?

If you are going to do this on one account then managing the credit limit may be the biggest headache. You might want to look at some of the business card options as well. For example, the Westpac BusinessChoice Visa card offers 1 QFF point per $1.50 spent.

It may well be that an Amex and a Visa/Mastercard are the best option, but perhaps you can get them as two individual cardes (an appropriate Amex charge card from Amex, and a business version of a Visa/MC from one of the banks).

We use:
Amex Ultimate x 5 personal cards.Great for paying BAS at a net cost of about 0.83 cents less your tax deduction.
Westpac Earth QF linked 0.5 points per dollar
Qf is very good for business class inside Australia but hard to use for business class bookings close to flying date

Lately we are putting large payments thru Singapore Kris Platinum because it is very good for international.
Westpac Kris Platinum Visa is 1.0 point per dollar and their Amex is 1.5 point per dollar.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..
Back