Good experince with NAB Overseas Travel Insurance

Status
Not open for further replies.

cardiology

Traveled overseas over Christmas time using the NAB Qantas Card to pre-paid the hotel accommodation (>$500). My wife got sick and was admitted into a private hospital for 5 days. As long as you inform QBE in advance and give them updates of the hospital stay, investigations results, discharge summary and invoice, they processed the claim in 2 weeks. Full claim back of all medical costs (>A$20,000) and lucky that I consider this benefit and use the card to pay for the hotel.

Great to hear a positive story about CC insurance!

It is fine. Even paid policies will have issues if the T&C does not cover what you would like to claim.

Some are better than others.

Some cover FF point use and some do not.

Some are cheap to activate and some you need to buy everything on the card.

It gets down to reading the T&C and see if it covers your type of trip and its requirements: duration of trip, flights booked via reward points, your activities (ie various adventurous activities can requite special policies), the size of your party (spouse, kids), pre-existing conditions, whether you have to depart and return to Australia, etc...and this applies to "free" TI and Paid TI.

For those who are a bit older one benefit is that it can cover upto 80 years of age.

If the T&C does not meet your requirements, then shop around for a paid policy that does.

I had a good experience claiming ~4000 for a short 4 hour trip to a US hospital earlier this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..

Currently Active Users

Back