Get bonus points for new card when already have an Amex?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello all
I currently have a Amex explorer card, can i apply for the Amex Velocity platinum card and get the bonus velocity point's?
Thanks in advance

re: Amex question and introduction

Hello all
I currently have a Amex explorer card, can i apply for the Amex Velocity platinum card and get the bonus velocity point's?
Thanks in advance

Welcome aboard Alwayslookingforadeal,

It seems that Amex have cracked down on this and you wont get a signup bonus as an existing member - unless applying for the DJ Amex.

Welcome aboard Alwayslookingforadeal,

It seems that Amex have cracked down on this and you wont get a signup bonus as an existing member - unless applying for the DJ Amex.
Many thanks for the quick response.
Apologies for not introducing myself.
Short term collector of frequent flyer points, managed to rack up over 200,000 velocity in 10 months by credit card bonus sign ups, trying to get to 300,000.
Forums look good, looking forward to gaining some advise and always looking for a deal.
Cheers

Many thanks for the quick response.
Apologies for not introducing myself.
Short term collector of frequent flyer points, managed to rack up over 200,000 velocity in 10 months by credit card bonus sign ups, trying to get to 300,000.
Forums look good, looking forward to gaining some advise and always looking for a deal.
Cheers

There is a lot of good info in the CC threads that you should seek out

Welcome to AFF Alwayslookingfordeal!

No you cannot. AN 18 month exclusion period applies. The exception is the David Jones Amex card, where no exclusion period applies unless you have recently held another DJ Amex card.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back