From 1 Oct 2019, 2000 Woolies = 1000 QFF, transferred as soon as 2K Reached | Australian Frequent Flyer
Australian Frequent Flyer

Welcome to Australia's leading independent Frequent Flyer and Travel Resource since 1998!
Our site contains tons of information that will improve your travel experience.

Joining AFF is fast, simple & absolutely free - register now and take immediate advantage of these great BENEFITS.

Once registered, this box will disappear. And you will see fewer advertisements :)

From 1 Oct 2019, 2000 Woolies = 1000 QFF, transferred as soon as 2K Reached

Received an email today notifiying me of the latest (September) transfer of Woolworths points to Qantas. Included in the email was this:
From 1 October you'll get Qantas Points automatically, every time your balance reaches 2000 Woolworths Points.*
*Qantas Points will be available in your Qantas Frequent Flyer account within 24 hours once your balance hits 2000 Woolworths Points. Woolworths RewardFrom 1 October you'll get Qantas Points automatically, every time your balance reaches 2000 Woolworths Points.* s will contact you, if we find an error has occurred when attempting to automatically convert your Woolworths Points to Qantas Points.

serfty

Veteran Member
Qantas
Platinum
Virgin
Platinum
Flights
My Map
Yep, I noticed this too.

I have lots of thoughts as to why ... maybe it upsets projections if people change with large 'balances' at late notice.

p--and--t

Got the same email.

I’d have to check back but sure I have had a similar emails in previous months advising me they were transferring, probably not the exact same wording.

Hvr

AFF Supporter
Qantas
Platinum
I wonder if too many people were caught out waiting for points to post before the 18 month expiry time limit?

Dr Ralph

AFF Supporter
Qantas
Bronze
Virgin
Red
Flights
My Map
I wonder if too many people were caught out waiting for points to post before the 18 month expiry time limit?
You could call them and have the points transferred immediately.

oz_mark

Enthusiast
AFF Supporter
Flights
My Map
Yep, I noticed this too.

I have lots of thoughts as to why ... maybe it upsets projections if people change with large 'balances' at late notice.
My guess, it has been three years on the current program, so some negotations between Qantas and Woolworths. Maybe Woolworths agreed to send the points faster, in order to keep the same price they were paying for points.

GSP

I don't transfer my WOW points to QFF, so not sure if it exists or not, but could it be to avoid people stockpiling and transferring when a conversion special exists like happens frequent from Flybuys to VFF program?

Dr Ralph

AFF Supporter
Qantas
Bronze
Virgin
Red
Flights
My Map
I don't transfer my WOW points to QFF, so not sure if it exists or not, but could it be to avoid people stockpiling and transferring when a conversion special exists like happens frequent from Flybuys to VFF program?
Don't recall any 'conversion special'.

AisleSeat

Established Member
Flights
My Map
Considering points were transferring every quarter automatically, stockpiling wasn't an option anyway.

wandering_fred

Established Member
AFF Supporter
Flights
My Map
For those of us with relatively small transfers from WOW (this Sept is my first of more than 2000), will the automatic quarterly transfers still take place?

Just wandering
Fred

p--and--t

For those of us with relatively small transfers from WOW (this Sept is my first of more than 2000), will the automatic quarterly transfers still take place?

Just wandering
Fred
My understanding is that WW will not initiate a transfer/conversion unless your balance in the WW side is 2000 or more.

oz_mark

Enthusiast
AFF Supporter
Flights
My Map

Just wandering
Fred
no need for the quarterly transfers any more. Get to 2000, they will transfer.

wandering_fred

Established Member
AFF Supporter
Flights
My Map
The 2000 points is mis-leading since you earn in lots of 870 points.....

I suspect Woolies determined that there were a whole lot more people (like me) who would earn one lot of 870 QFF points each quarter (or year) than there were people who earned 8700 points and who wanted their points NOW. Net result: it costs less them less to transfer at 2610 points than transfer all the little people quarterly. I will probably just convert back to grocery $$ discounts if the shopping bonuses disappear.

:rolleyes:

The success of Flybuys at Coles (being cheaper at least in our area) may have influenced Woolies into offering a bunch of "enticement specials" which increase their sales volumes. It will only work so far... Coles did notice I reduced my shopping there.... And I convert Flybuys into reduced grocery costs. Though it remains to be seen what the change in relationship with Medibank and Flybuys/Coles will produce.

Just wandering
Fred

wandering_fred

Established Member
AFF Supporter
Flights
My Map
I was (and still am) reading that as 2000 QFF points.
Happy to be persuaded otherwise. (Perhaps confused relating to the history of enhancements)

Definitely wandering
Fred

oz_mark

Enthusiast
AFF Supporter
Flights
My Map

Just wandering
Fred
My understanding is that WW will not initiate a transfer/conversion unless your balance in the WW side is 2000 or more.
Every reference to 2000 is to Woolworths Points?

AFF on Air Podcast

• “Hidden City” Court Case – AIR022
    Sat, 19 Oct 2019 09:30:46 AEDT
      Earlier this year, German airline Lufthansa tried to sue a passenger that exploited the loophole of hidden-city ticketing by skipping the last flight on their ticket. This ...
  • Summer in Europe – AIR021
    Sat, 05 Oct 2019 17:28:53 AEST
      Qantas and Virgin Australia are fighting over two rare and lucrative new landing slots for Tokyo's Haneda Airport. Meanwhile, four European airlines have gone bankrupt in ...
  • Are Loyalty Programs a Scam? – AIR020
    Sat, 21 Sep 2019 08:36:18 AEST
      The ACCC recently released a damning draft report into Australian loyalty schemes, calling out practices that it says may shock consumers and putting loyalty program opera ...
  • Air Chathams – AIR019
    Sat, 07 Sep 2019 16:41:06 AEST
      With less than two weeks until the upcoming Qantas Frequent Flyer changes, now is the time to make any last-minute Classic Flight Reward bookings! In this episode, Matt ch ...
  • Project Sunrise – AIR018
    Sat, 24 Aug 2019 16:12:31 AEST
      Later this year, Qantas will decide which aircraft it will use to operate non-stop flights from the east coast of Australia to London and New York - a feat it aims to achi ...

Community Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
astocker22