Foreign spending on Amex Plat Edge - only 1x points?

Status
Not open for further replies.

RayEarth2162

Hi there

Maybe I have been mistaken since inception, but I thought Amex cards gave you 2x points on foreign spendings? I checked my Amex Plat Edge points balance and forex spends were charged a hefty fee but only 1x the points. I couldn't find anything in the T&Cs as well.

Assuming only Amex Platinum card owns 2x points (too expensive for me), what are the other options for forex spending? I just checked citi signature and it seems to have reverted to 1x for foreign spending as well (ie same as local, 1.5 points per $1 spent).

Is this old news?

Hi there

Maybe I have been mistaken since inception, but I thought Amex cards gave you 2x points on foreign spendings? I checked my Amex Plat Edge points balance and forex spends were charged a hefty fee but only 1x the points. I couldn't find anything in the T&Cs as well.

Assuming only Amex Platinum card owns 2x points (too expensive for me), what are the other options for forex spending? I just checked citi signature and it seems to have reverted to 1x for foreign spending as well (ie same as local, 1.5 points per $1 spent).

Is this old news?

I don't know if it's old news but the Amex Plat Edge card has always been 1x points for overseas spend.

I think tyou are getting your Amex's mixed up. Isa feature of other Amex Cards.

I'm not sure what you mean? I'm talking about the Plat Edge specifically - which I and the OP have mentioned. And this card doesn't have that feature?

Generally apart from the platinum charge card, it's generally the Virgin and Qantas cards that have double points for forex as well as platinum reserve.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back