Flight ‘downgraded’ to Alliance Airlines - status credits?

Discussion in 'Virgin Australia Velocity' started by JasonD, Nov 9, 2018.

Welcome to Australia's leading independent Frequent Flyer and Travel Resource!
Our site contains tons of information that will improve your travel experience.
Joining AFF is fast, simple & ABSOLUTELY FREE -  join now by clicking on the JOIN NOW button, and take immediate advantage of these great BENEFITS.
Once registered, this box will disappear. And you will see fewer advertisements :)
  1. JasonD

JasonD Newbie

Nov 29, 2013
    Brisbane
    Have just found out that my VA fight BNE-CNS this Saturday has been downgraded from the B737 to a F100, which I’m assuming must be operated by Alliance.
    There’s not been any formal message from VA, but when I tried to check on it was clearly a F100 and it would not allow seat selection or to complete check in.

Question is - has anyone experienced this and know whether I will still receive status credits as normal? I had booked an Elevate fare specifically so I would earn 20 status credits each way to push me to gold and don’t want to risk missing out...

2. serfty

Nov 16, 2004
    MEL
    Flight Map:
    View my flight map
    As long as your booking is ticketed with a VA flight number you will be fine: (Earn Tables)

3. CPMaverick

CPMaverick Active Member

Sep 15, 2015
    Flight Map:
    View my flight map
    VA (or technically VARA) has its own F100 fleet, so not necessarily Alliance-operated (unless VARA doesn't operate in QLD?). But even if it is Alliance, you'll still earn SC.

4. Bagpuss

Bagpuss Active Member

Feb 24, 2014
    PER
    Yes it is an Alliance F100 and already allocated ...Flightradar24.com - Live flight tracker!

You will still status credits etc as usual. When this happened to me ( Stretching the B737 fleet) , this is the notification I received:

There has been a change to your flight

Dear Guest,

Please note, your service will now be operated by Alliance Airlines, on behalf of Virgin Australia, using a Fokker 100 aircraft.

Key aspects of your flight remain unchanged:

• The departure of your flight is the same as noted in your original itinerary. Your journey time has not changed.
    • Your flight will depart from and arrive at the same terminals noted in your original itinerary.
    • Your baggage allowances will remain the same.
    • Check-in can still be completed via Virgin Australia’s website or mobile app or at the Virgin Australia check-in kiosks and counters at the airport.
    • Access to Virgin Australia’s lounges is available for eligible guests.
    • Velocity points and Status Credits can still be earned by eligible Velocity members.
    Kind regards,

Virgin Australia

• Informative Informative x 1
  5. JasonD

JasonD Newbie

Nov 29, 2013
    Brisbane
    Thanks all for the reassurance.

Not too bothered by the equipment change... although they are still allowing UpgradeMe J class bids for this flight- safe to say I won’t be bidding! :)

6. Saab34

Saab34 Established Member

Jul 22, 2008
    Mel
    Flight Map:
    View my flight map
    Unplanned engineering on multiple 737s this weekend apparently.