First CC to apply for Insurance - Brother going to India for 60 days - earns 40k p.a.

Status
Not open for further replies.

zan5hin

As the title says, I am looking for a card for my brother is heading off to India for his first overseas trip. He needs decent medical insurance, the other stuff like stolen items and things like that don't matter so much, just want to make sure he is covered for emergency medical dramas.

Problem is, he already bought his flight on the way there, so any cards that require a return trip are not going to work. It won't be a problem however if there is a general "$300 of travel expenses" or something like that, as he still has to book flight home, and I think him and mates want to go to Boracay as well, and he hasn't booked accommodation yet either.

Of course, the 30 day maximum trip kind of cards won't do the job either.

Just wondering if any of the gurus here know a card that will work for him?

I have travelled the world with a 28 degrees card and a seperate 12 month travel insurance policy from Covermore, but never used it. With the recent 28 degrees fee drama, I am looking to toss that myself, so I saw some people on facebook recommending a Bankwest Zero Mastercard Platinum as a card with no foreign and currency conversion fees, he might apply for that as well, however that card won't do the trick for insurance because it requires a return trip.

Cheers

Re: First CC to apply for Insurance - Brother going to India for 60 days - earns 40k

Get independent insurance..... Thread closed

Re: First CC to apply for Insurance - Brother going to India for 60 days - earns 40k

Get independent insurance..... Thread closed

agreed, also look at the Citibank plus debit card with no fx fees as an alternative to a credit card

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..

Recent Posts

Back