Finnair to use contracted flight attendants HEL - DEL | Australian Frequent Flyer
Australian Frequent Flyer

Welcome to Australia's leading independent Frequent Flyer and Travel Resource since 1998!
Our site contains tons of information that will improve your travel experience.

Joining AFF is fast, simple & absolutely free - register now and take immediate advantage of these great BENEFITS.

Once registered, this box will disappear. And you will see fewer advertisements :)

Finnair to use contracted flight attendants HEL - DEL

Melburnian1

AFF Supporter
Flights
My Map
This isn't new - after all, QF has different arrangements for its international cabin crew depending on when they joined - but interesting that in using a contractor to staff the cabins on its HEL - DEL (India) route, 'all service will be in English' - not Scandanavian languages:

English, not Mandarin, really is the 21st century Esperanto.

Isochronous

AFF Supporter
Flights
My Map
Will the pilots still do announcements in Finnish and Swedish? Not a big deal I suppose since most pax, as the article says, are not from that part of the world.

OZDUCK

AFF Supporter
Flights
My Map
I have only done one long haul flight on Finnair, Hel - Sin. The cabin crew were all Hong Kong ( I believe) ethnic Chinese and, as far as I can remember, all service was done in English.

Mattg

AFF Supporter
Flights
My Map
I'm flying DEL-HEL in November, so will be able to see then what the service is like. I assume it will be fine.

Melburnian1

AFF Supporter
Flights
My Map
I'm flying DEL-HEL in November, so will be able to see then what the service is like. I assume it will be fine.
Maybe after you do you could inform us what differences you noted compared to any other Finnair flights you've been on (assuming December won't be your first flight with it.)

AFF on Air Podcast

• The Qantas Oneworld Award – AIR015
    Sat, 13 Jul 2019 02:07:50 AEST
      Learn how to fly around the world using your Qantas Frequent Flyer points as Matt chats to James Green, an award travel consultant at Frequent Flyer Solutions. This episode ...
  • Qantas Frequent Flyer Changes – AIR014
    Sat, 29 Jun 2019 00:40:35 AEST
      Last week, Qantas announced a major shake-up to its Qantas Frequent Flyer program. In this episode, former Head of Loyalty at Malaysia Airlines, Mark Ross-Smith, joins Matt ...
  • jb747’s Stellar Career with Qantas – AIR013
    Sat, 15 Jun 2019 03:00:41 AEST
      In this special edition of the podcast, Matt chats to John Bartels (a.k.a. jb747) about his flying career with Qantas, the A380, the QF30 incident, flight training, retirem ...
  • Cheap Virgin Australia Business Class – AIR012
    Sat, 01 Jun 2019 03:05:28 AEST
      Find out how to get cut-price Virgin Australia Business Class tickets by buying and redeeming Etihad Guest miles! This episode also includes some listener Q&A and an interv ...
  • Star Alliance Status – AIR011
    Sat, 18 May 2019 09:39:41 AEST
      Find out how to easily earn Star Alliance Gold status with several different frequent flyer programs! This episode also includes an interview with John Blom, Australia’s ...

Community Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Louise Hepplewhite

Currently Active Users