Financial Review - suggestion needed. | Australian Frequent Flyer
Australian Frequent Flyer

Welcome to Australia's leading independent Frequent Flyer and Travel Resource since 1998!
Our site contains tons of information that will improve your travel experience.

Joining AFF is fast, simple & absolutely free - register now and take immediate advantage of these great BENEFITS.

Once registered, this box will disappear. And you will see fewer advertisements :)

Financial Review - suggestion needed.

lucky777

Intern
Hi All,

I recently got FR from amex, and I wonder if it would be more beneficial that I request to cancel my cards before financial review due date. I think I got reviewed as my card was stolen during post (spent over $2000). As I am a direct I would not be bothered with supplying all required BAS etc, I wonder if I should wait for account to be closed or should I call and close voluntary.

Any suggestion is welcome. Thanks.

Regards,

Lucky

amaroo

Enthusiast
AFF Supporter
Qantas
Platinum 1
Flights
My Map
What do you mean by financial review? Do you mean a card application....

lucky777

Intern
What do you mean by financial review? Do you mean a card application....
Financial review = amex put freezer your account, reverify all your Identity & income source etc. Sometimes this happens when you have big spending (irregular spending).

amaroo

Enthusiast
AFF Supporter
Qantas
Platinum 1
Flights
My Map
That is different, have been an Amex holder for >26 years and never heard of that.

cove

Enthusiast
AFF Supporter
We have had checks from Westpac, St George and Citi in the past month. Quite annoying but some new legislation is forcing us to prove who we are. I think it is some new money laundering thing. We have had to prove who we are with passports and other items. I think we know who we are.

Tallfont

Intern
Flights
My Map
I have never heard of that one either and I have held the platinum charge since 2003.

If AMEX decided to do it to me I would save both them and me a lot of hassle and close the account immediately. If my unblemished payment history on total charges of over 1.1mil isn't good enough I will go elsewhere!

AFF on Air Podcast

• British Airways Executive Club – AIR025
    Sat, 30 Nov 2019 22:53:26 AEDT
      Many Australians join Qantas Frequent Flyer by default. But even if you fly with Qantas regularly, you could benefit by using the British Airways Executive Club frequent f ...
  • Married Segments & More – AIR024
    Sat, 16 Nov 2019 04:32:20 AEDT
      Airlines seem to love married segments, but for frequent flyers and travel agents they can be extremely frustrating. Sometimes you'll find an award seat on a flight you w ...
  • HARS (Historic Aircraft Restoration Society) – AIR023
    Sat, 02 Nov 2019 13:24:03 AEDT
      The Historic Aircraft Restoration Society (HARS) boasts a collection of over 60 aircraft, including a retired Qantas 747, Super Constellation and DC-3s. John Travolta's Bo ...
  • “Hidden City” Court Case – AIR022
    Sat, 19 Oct 2019 09:30:46 AEDT
      Earlier this year, German airline Lufthansa tried to sue a passenger that exploited the loophole of hidden-city ticketing by skipping the last flight on their ticket. This ...
  • Summer in Europe – AIR021
    Sat, 05 Oct 2019 17:28:53 AEST
      Qantas and Virgin Australia are fighting over two rare and lucrative new landing slots for Tokyo's Haneda Airport. Meanwhile, four European airlines have gone bankrupt in ...

Community Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kelcan