Fee waiver for NAB Qantas Plat

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've got a choice package.... so I don't pay for it as its included for free in the package that I have with my loan

Unless your platinum credit card is linked to other NAB products I doubt they will waive or reduce the annual fee. I have a choice package with them so I don't pay any fees.

I asked got told no (rang around 2 weeks ago) - spend on it around 35K a year. I have my wages paid into my savings account and I have an isaver with them. They said if I wanted to move my mortgage they would do a package but my loan is better where it is.

I didn't bother ringing in the end, but it seems they've randomly given me a nice deposit of bonus points to my QFF.

So it sounds like NAB don't budge on waiving the annual fee on this card without it being part of a package? My annual fee has hit my account this month, so will give them a call and give it a shot - but am not hopeful.

Did you get the 35k points again? That keeps me happy paying the annual fee if they keep comping it every year.

Did you get the 35k points again? That keeps me happy paying the annual fee if they keep comping it every year.

No, I didn't - am clearly not that lucky. I called to cancel and they offered me 2,500 points to stay. I had to double-check the amount as I almost choked. Account closed.

No, I didn't - am clearly not that lucky. I called to cancel and they offered me 2,500 points to stay. I had to double-check the amount as I almost choked. Account closed.

2500 points probably only worth about $2.5, quite stingy.

Have kept this card being free as part of the choice package though keep it purely as a backup card.
For second year in a row, was charged on 12 June the $250 annual fee. Phoned NAB to get the fee reversed which occurred on 23 June with payment due 25 June. Card not used in statement period so only had the $250 now reversed fee.
Notice on 30 June a $5 late payment fee charged to account. Phone bank again and $5 fee reversed on 4 July.
Now get a phone call from NAB on Saturday morning wanting to know why I have not made the minimum $25 payment. Point out the history to which she apologises but states she can't do anything to stop me getting these phone calls unless I pay the $25.
Will give my business banker a call Monday and outline the ridiculous situation that has arisen whereby systems rule, stuff the staff and stuff the customer more.

NAB shareholders with 500 or more shares and annual spend of >$7500 will allow NAB Card fee's to be waived.

NAB shareholders with 500 or more shares and annual spend of >$7500 will allow NAB Card fee's to be waived.

Interesting - although as mentioned here NAB Shareholder Benefits - National Australia Bank Group - NAB apparently the fee is only waved for the following year - meaning you are still up for $150/$250 for the first year. Also in theory you won't be able to earn the bonus points at sign-up as "Bonus Points offer not available in conjunction with any other offer"...

Did anyone out there manage to sign up for a NAB premium card under NAB shareholders benefits and get the sign-up bonus points and/or the fee waived from the first year???

Any successful cases in halving or waiving of the Qantas NAB card after the first free year? I didn't around 50K on the card last year and the anniversary is coming up.

Any successful cases in halving or waiving of the Qantas NAB card after the first free year? I didn't around 50K on the card last year and the anniversary is coming up.

Yes. I got a complete fee waiver very recently. I did pay off the card in full though prior to ringing up to cancel it. I was then offered a second year fee free :)

Yes. I got a complete fee waiver very recently. I did pay off the card in full though prior to ringing up to cancel it. I was then offered a second year fee free :)

Do you have a high annual spend on the card?

Called up yesterday asking for the second year annual fee waiving, put on hold for 1 minute and was informed that the fee waiving department has declined my request and no luck for this year. May try to call up to cancel the card next month when the annual fee is due and see what happens.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..
Back