Explorer travel insurance for the USA?

Status
Not open for further replies.

carls888

Hi,

we have been purchasing travel insurance for the last few years due to flying Singapore Air on KF miles, so none of our cc insurances have been activated.

I have just purchased tickets on Virgin to the USA on the Explorer card and was wondering if anyone had used only this card's attached insurance for the USA?

Thanks.

Give them a call to discuss what they won't cover but it would spoil my holiday worrying about an incident occurring and lacking a robust insurance policy.

I have just purchased tickets on Virgin to the USA on the Explorer card and was wondering if anyone had used only this card's attached insurance for the USA?

Thanks.

Do you mean used or actually made a claim?

There is nothing deficient about the free credit card travel insurance policies, they are equal to basic or mid priced retail policies in every way.
Just read the policy and if you think it covers your needs, then you are fine.

From memory, I dont my use AMEX card to trigger insurance as it lacks one cover that the others do (ANZ/CIti/NAB) and it was only a minor thing, like cover to get to a booked event on time (wedding, sports event etc), or something like that. But as far as the major things go, ike medical, its fine.

Thanks, I will check it all out. I wouldn't be worried for most other places, but as the trip is to the USA, I want to be very, very sure as it costs a bomb otherwise.

I am just popping back in here to double check if I am correct in reading the T&C...

I purchased the airfares to the USA with the Explorer, but used min cc which is the secondary card on the account, and I am reading that insurance is not included, it is only included if travel is purchased on the primary card. Is this correct or have I misunderstood?

I am just popping back in here to double check if I am correct in reading the T&C...

I purchased the airfares to the USA with the Explorer, but used min cc which is the secondary card on the account, and I am reading that insurance is not included, it is only included if travel is purchased on the primary card. Is this correct or have I misunderstood?
That's right, only the primary cardholder, booking travel for themselves, is covered.

Based on my limited knowledge of the subject only. I've read the PDS and this is how I understand it.

definition of
Platinum Card Member means: 1. the person who is issued an American Express Platinum Card as the primary account holder or a supplementary or additional Card Member; and 2. their husband, wife, fiance(e), de-facto or life partner with whom they have continuously cohabited for a period of six (6) months or more; and 3. their legally dependent children (including stepchildren or legally adopted children) who are twenty-four (24) years of age or less and wholly dependent on them for financial support.

https://icm.aexp-static.com/Interne...-platinum-card/Platinum-rcp-gbs-insurance.pdf

As I have the Explorer card too, I've had a read of the TnCs, and the question would be if there's some problem with the primary cardmember buying the tickets on the "non-primary" card. I can't see anything which says that it ~must~ be made on the original card, only that the cover applies to the "primary card member".

i think you have misunderstood.
provided that the supplimentary is married to the primary cardholder or one of the children, its fine. Not Cousin Eddie nor the dog.
You can quote me at time of making claims, thats fine by me. Or, you could make your own enquiry with AMEX :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..
Back