Explorer Gateway -> Ascent?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a bunch of points that I have on my Amex Rewards account, which I want to transfer to another FF rewards program. I am cancelling my explorer card which means that I have to transfer this over soon as I will lose them all

I had the Amex platinum card before which means I had my explorer and platinum card on Ascent premium. I cancelled my platinum card which means I only have the gateway program now. Should have transferred my points before this but anyhow.

Is there anyway to get these points over to qantas?

If not, what FF program is best value. I am thinking Virgin myself but could be wrong. Note I fly to Europe(ireland) quite a bit, so who are good for that, in terms of availability and reward points usage.

I have a bunch of points that I have on my Amex Rewards account, which I want to transfer to another FF rewards program. I am cancelling my explorer card which means that I have to transfer this over soon as I will lose them all

I had the Amex platinum card before which means I had my explorer and platinum card on Ascent premium. I cancelled my platinum card which means I only have the gateway program now. Should have transferred my points before this but anyhow.

Is there anyway to get these points over to qantas?

If not, what FF program is best value. I am thinking Virgin myself but could be wrong. Note I fly to Europe(ireland) quite a bit, so who are good for that, in terms of availability and reward points usage.

Not easily.

Another option could be to "warehouse" the points in SPG until you need to book a reward and then transfer them onto the relevant FF program.

Not easily.

Another option could be to "warehouse" the points in SPG until you need to book a reward and then transfer them onto the relevant FF program.

Can you transfer them from SPG to QFF?

Kinda left thinking that maybe Asia Miles might be the way to go, can you redeem these for Qantas flights easily enough?

Can you transfer them from SPG to QFF?

Kinda left thinking that maybe Asia Miles might be the way to go, can you redeem these for Qantas flights easily enough?

Yes, they're easily booked by going to the Asia Miles website and AFAIK same availability. They do have a 36 month expiry however.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..
Back