Everyday Rewards Qantas Credit Card

Status
Not open for further replies.

oz_mark

Enthusiast
Was in Woolworths petrol today and got a brochure for a Woolworths Everyday Rewards Credit card, which I haven't seen elsewhere.

From the brochure

• 16,000 bonus points (apply by 31 Jan 2011, spend on card by 31 Mar 2011)
  • 55 days interest free
  • $89 annual fee
  • 1 QFF point per dollar spent, uncapped.
  • Mastercard, issued by HSBC.

Was in Woolworths petrol today and got a brochure for a Woolworths Everyday Rewards Credit card, which I haven't seen elsewhere.

Interesting. Online they are still only showing the "current" card - the rewards are not QFF points, just "woolworths points" which can be redeemed for woolworths vouchers:

• 1 point per $1 spent on general purchases2
  • 2 points per $1 spent within participating Woolworths group stores (shown below)2
  • 3 points per $1 spent on products purchased in-store at Woolworths Supermarkets & Everyday Mobile products purchased at Woolworths Supermarkets, BIG W, Woolworths liquor and BWS.
  • Every 4 months (with enough points) you'll automatically receive a shopping card to spend at participating Woolworths group stores (shown below)

Very interesting.

Any chance that you can scan and upload the brochure?

If it is really 1 QFF point uncapped for each dollar spent it is the best Visa/Mastercard card in Australia. The only other one that offers this is the Citibank Signature card with a $700 annual fee.

Very interesting.

If it is really 1 QFF point uncapped for each dollar spent it is the best Visa/Mastercard card in Australia. The only other one that offers this is the Citibank Signature card with a $700 annual fee.

I'll scan it on Monday, unless I can fins a scanner in my travels around Brisbane!

Here are some photos

Attachments

• IMG_0068.jpg
    IMG_0068.jpg
    94.6 KB · Views: 1,578
  • IMG_0066.jpg
    IMG_0066.jpg
    91.7 KB · Views: 1,549
  • IMG_0067.jpg
    IMG_0067.jpg
    91.3 KB · Views: 1,537
  • IMG_0065.jpg
    IMG_0065.jpg
    55.4 KB · Views: 1,577
Just picked up the brochure myself. Will try to scan later.

The original credit card is a Woolworths Everday Money Mastercard.

The new credit card is a Woolworths Everyday Rewards Qantas Platinum Mastercard.

Prime features are as oz_mark detailed.

Given the fee, the earning rate, and that is is uncapped and a Mastercard, should be very attractive to some.

Wonder if the two will be kept side by side and what offers there are for Woolies staff, currently no annual fee for the Everyday Money card.

Very interesting.

Yes, after thorough investigation over the last few months I established that there wasn't a single Visa or Mastercard that would be worth the annual fee for the points earn rates - unless you are spending $30k+ on transactions on the card. I'd then suggest that you'd probably be able to spend a large portion of that on an Amex anyway.

Only accounts offering joint Amex/Mastercard are really worth the fees, provided most purchases are on Amex. In particular, if you get a Gold or Platinum one of these free with your home loan package, then they're definitely the way to go, and an extra card fee just to get 0.5 more points per $ on the Mastercard side may not be worth it. Although the bonus points more than offset the annual fee for the first year, seeing it's enough for MEL-BNE one way (or almost MEL-SYD return).

The new Woolworths card now changes things for some people, particularly compared to the basic combo cards. It is cheaper than (for example) a standard ANZ Qantas Amex/Visa ($95 annual fee including rewards) and is not capped (compared to say the $65 basic NAB Amex/Mastercard with ludicrous caps on points).

Additionally, if you don't have the home loan packages, or if you have an Amex from Amex directly like I do, then this is probably the best Visa/Mastercard option around to compliment it.

Please note that "this is general information only and does not constitute financial advice"! :D

The new credit card is a Woolworths Everyday Rewards Qantas Platinum Mastercard.

I think the term "Platinum" is being thrown a little too liberally by a lot of companies these days. There is no comparison between the "original" Platinum (Amex Charge) and this card - both on features and annual fee!

What next, the Woolworths Centurion Card? :shock:

I think the term "Platinum" is being thrown a little too liberally by a lot of companies these days. There is no comparison between the "original" Platinum (Amex Charge) and this card - both on features and annual fee!

What next, the Woolworths Centurion Card? :shock:

Mmmm I was just thinking the words Woolworths and Platinum just don't sound right together!

For all the CC snobs, wonder if you can scratch the Woolworths logo off ?? ;)

Does anyone know if you get points for BPAY on HSBC cards???

Minimum income requirement is $50,000 per annum.
The fact that the card is Platinum entitles you to 24/7 Concierge Service.
It may be that Qantas required the card to be Platinum to enable Direct sweep.
Given that Woolworths is one of Australia's most successful companies I would have thought the Woolworths logo was a plus not a minus.

In the fine print on the brochure application form it says customers who hold The original credit card the Woolworths Everday Money Mastercard who decide to do a product transfer don't qualify for the bonus 16000 points nor do you get points for buying gift cards or doing bpay's in some states. Has anyone tried doing a product transfer for this new card? will the annual fee be prorated or will you get the first year free if your old card has a waiver on it? Does anyone know of any offers or how to get this new card with the annual fee waived? ie staff or just ask for it in writing when applying over the phone?

my annual fee on my old Woolworths Everday Money Mastercard card is due soon but this year they wont waive it and only offered to waive half the fee over the phone. as i dont have proof of income that i earn over 50k to qualify for the new ff card, i wonder if i can do a product transfer ? but what is the minimum credit limit for this new card ? also will the points on the old card be converted to ff or forfeited?

In light of coolsteps post... does anyone know if you earn BPAY-ing form a NSW based account?

Also, is there any way to test whether HSBC allows bpay via credit for a particular merchant (there are a few examples where some banks refuse where others allow).

Given that Woolworths is one of Australia's most successful companies I would have thought the Woolworths logo was a plus not a minus.

You would think... Working in marketing and having to dine out frequently with some very very big big wigs, I know that I'd be a little uncomfortable pulling out a supermarket branded CC to pay for a dinner at 44!

Sounds a bit weird & silly but it's a bit of an in joke with our team... :) Like I said, CC snobs!! Would be happy to use in day to day personally.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back