Everyday Rewards - 10000 Bonus points. No annual Fee.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Might wait to apply then. Some peeps have had targetted offers too, which is better than the 5000 points on offer if you just apply up front. But not quite as good as the 14000 (?) that was previously offered.

Come on EDR! Where's my offer!

But not quite as good as the 14000 (?) that was previously offered.
The previous offer was 16,000 but you had to pay the annual fee. I'll be looking out for this new offer.

Can we click on the link and apply?
Or once we enter Card number will not get offer?

The previous offer was 16,000 but you had to pay the annual fee. I'll be looking out for this new offer.

Original offer was 16,000 and no fee for the first year. Many people (as I did), got the 2nd year fee waived as well.

Original offer was 16,000 and no fee for the first year. Many people (as I did), got the 2nd year fee waived as well.

And have it in my diary to ring up for the annual fee waiver for the third year, as suggested when I rang up last year... Really good value card even if you do pay the $89 annual fee...but as we all know, free is always better he he...

Might wait to apply then. Some peeps have had targetted offers too, which is better than the 5000 points on offer if you just apply up front. But not quite as good as the 14000 (?) that was previously offered.

Come on EDR! Where's my offer!

I saw a targetted offer to a family member 3 weeks ago. It was for 18000 bonus points and no annual fee.

I saw a targetted offer to a family member 3 weeks ago. It was for 18000 bonus points and no annual fee.

I have seen one for 18000 with annual fee, do you have the link for the 18000 points with no Fee?

Got my card today.
The letter states that I get an extra 1000 points for being one of the first to get a new silver design card.
Card now has the word Platinum on it.

Got my card today.
The letter states that I get an extra 1000 points for being one of the first to get a new silver design card.
Card now has the word Platinum on it.

Got a photo...?

Is it just me or does that new card design look really simple / plain (boring)...?

Plain silver looks pretty boring, I would have thought they could have come up with some two tone black (dark silver) / silver watermark effect like most of the AMEX plat cards have...?

Last edited by a moderator:
It's not just flat silver, there is a gradient - darker at the top, and a lighter area through the middle of the card, just like your mock-up.
(It is still pretty boring)

It's not just flat silver, there is a gradient - darker at the top, and a lighter area through the middle of the card, just like your mock-up.
(It is still pretty boring)

Mine looks the same all over. LOL, the word Platinum is in letters about two millimetres high.

cooni, did you apply with the 20K bonus link or through a targetted offer?

I have just seen this thread... looks like I could apply for either offer (10,000 or 20,000 points). So which one does the community think is better? 20,000 points for $89 or 10,000 point for free? :)

I'll bite first...

It really depends if you need the extra 10,000 points for an award you already are hunting down, in this case the "additional" 10,000 points come at a cost of ~0.9cents each and you would generally be always in front at that rate unless you foolishly used the points in the Qantas shop.

Simply put, if you going to use the points in the near future then go the $89 for 20,000 QFF.... However if you are just collecting points and have no real plans to fly soon then perhaps your $89 can be put to better use....

Finally, there is no correct answer to what you ask, it really depends on the individual...:D

I'll bite first...

It really depends if you need the extra 10,000 points for an award you already are hunting down, in this case the "additional" 10,000 points come at a cost of ~0.9cents each and you would generally be always in front at that rate unless you foolishly used the points in the Qantas shop.

Simply put, if you going to use the points in the near future then go the $89 for 20,000 QFF.... However if you are just collecting points and have no real plans to fly soon then perhaps your $89 can be put to better use....

Finally, there is no correct answer to what you ask, it really depends on the individual...:D

Well said, totally agree.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..
Back