Email issue- has someone else's name

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cynicor

Established Member
Did anyone else just get a promotional offer email for either the edge or charge card?

Mine has another person's name and last 6 digits on it, which is a bit worrying.

Not sure how to contact them as there is no reply email address on it. Will have a root round the site when I get time.

In the meantime, some of the offers are ok. 3k points for $200 at home supplies,

Yep got the same email on my edge card and has someone else's name on it...

Same here. Called about something else and told them - already a known issue and the call centre has been informed by Amex that its a mistake.

There will be a marketing assistant somewhere getting a smack for this...

My second concern, after a third of my card number being in the wrong hands, is what offer am I targeted for?

will I be eligible for the offer I received, did we all get the same offers and targets, etc.

Dear Cardmember,

On the 11th April 2013 you received an email from us entitled 'Enjoy more rewards in more places'. Due to a technical issue this email was incorrectly addressed.

We confirm this email and the offers enclosed were intended for you. We would also like to assure you that your privacy and security has not been compromised in any way.

We would like to sincerely apologise for any confusion this may have caused to you.

Yours sincerely,

American Express Australia

Seems to be a data merge error.

Mine has another person's name and last 6 digits on it, which is a bit worrying.
Can happen quite easily if the data extract is not quite right and it has been signed off by marketing. :shock:

Lodge a complaint about invasion of privacy and you may get a few bonus points (unfortunately in reality it's not your privacy being invaded)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..
Back