Elite gold status with Amex Platinum

Status
Not open for further replies.

nightelves

Just wanted to ask if I where to get SPG Gold Status with the Amex Platinum, how long to I get to hold onto that status for? Is it somehow tied to the Platinum card?

I was told that if I get gold status with SPG at the start of next year that I get to hold it till Feb 2019 but not sure whether this will apply when completed through the Amex Platinum.

Just wanted to ask if I where to get SPG Gold Status with the Amex Platinum, how long to I get to hold onto that status for? Is it somehow tied to the Platinum card?

I was told that if I get gold status with SPG at the start of next year that I get to hold it till Feb 2019 but not sure whether this will apply when completed through the Amex Platinum.

Continuous while you hold the card but SPG not likely to exist in current form beyond 2018

Good point. I might just get the gold status and them status match it with Marriot to ensure the elite status is retained.

Apparently as soon as you lose SPG gold, Marriott Gold goes with it (according to the SPG CSR I asked when toying with cancelling my Platinum Charge).

Apparently as soon as you lose SPG gold, Marriott Gold goes with it (according to the SPG CSR I asked when toying with cancelling my Platinum Charge).

Does that assume that it's linked because atm they're still two separate programs.

They are now linked and when you match the SPG Gold it literally takes minutes for Marriott to upgrade you. Did it this week.

They are now linked and when you match the SPG Gold it literally takes minutes for Marriott to upgrade you. Did it this week.

That is what I'm saying if you link the two then when one status expire the other will expire with it. However if you just do a status match across to Marriot and keep the two programs separate then when your SPG expire it won't affect your Marriot status.

Just advising that I obtained SPG Gold with my Platinum Charge in April. I also obtained elite status with Shangri-La, Accor, Hilton and Club Carlsson. Cancelled the card some months back and still have elite hotel status with all the schemes.

Just advising that I obtained SPG Gold with my Platinum Charge in April. I also obtained elite status with Shangri-La, Accor, Hilton and Club Carlsson. Cancelled the card some months back and still have elite hotel status with all the schemes.

That's good. Seems the Amex agents might be making empty threats when trying to cancel. UK sites suggest the same as you-only the Priority Pass is cancelled

Oh nice. How long were the expiry for the elite status?

Oh nice. How long were the expiry for the elite status?
Accor (Platinum Advantage Plus) is next July. Shangri-La end of 2017 - can't actually see when the SPG elite gold status expires (anyone know where to access this info from the website?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..
Back