Easily accessing Citibank online - No virtual keyboard or OTP

Status
Not open for further replies.

jingles

I really don't like the on screen keyboard so have been using this solution for a while. I thought others here may also like it.

I think it is mainly supported in Firefox however should also work in other browsers where the add-on "Greasemonkey" is available (I think it is available in most browsers)

Once you have installed greasemonkey you need to install this script http://snafu.priv.at/mystuff/citibank-demouse.user.js
The developers web site is here if you want to read about it Free the Keyboards!

All the script does is remove the on screen keyboard element of the web page before it loads so you can type your password in using your real keyboard.
(For those wondering about security it is incapable of sending any information back to anywhere)

This script can also work on the Virgin Money website and also Citibank UK (Plus probably any citibank website which uses the on screen keyboard)

-----

With the introduction of OTP I thought some people may find this useful.

If you want to access citibank without using a OTP or mobile device it is possible to use the mobile website on your computer.

All you need to do is install an addon to your browser to make it tell the Citibank website that it is a mobile device.

If you have firefox this will work https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/user-agent-switcher/
If you use Chrome you can use thie https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/djflhoibgkdhkhhcedjiklpkjnoahfmg
If you use internet explorer it looks a little harder Change the User Agent String in Internet Explorer 8 - How-To Geek

Once you have installed something to change the user agent you need to pick the choice for a mobile device, you can then browse to citibank.com.au and will be given the mobile version.
Remember to change the user agent back once you are done or you will be given mobile websites all the time.

Chances are this is of limited use however if you don't have your phone with you and need to sign in it could be just what you need.

For they keyboard thing, I just have LastPass subvert it entirely.

Do they seriously decide whether to mandate OTP by User-Agent???

For they keyboard thing, I just have LastPass subvert it entirely.

Do they seriously decide whether to mandate OTP by User-Agent???

The user agent determines if you get the mobile or desktop site.
On the mobile site there is no OTP, they still ask a security question.

Changing the user agent will only get you the mobile site on your computer

ah, ok, less stupid, though there should be an option for the security question on the desktop (as the otherwise identical Virgin Money site does).

Thanks a lot, jingles, their virtual keyboard annoyed the hell out of me and that Greasemonkey script worked great!

I couldn't bypass OTP, though. Even when my useragent is set to a mobile device I still get prompted for OTP and am not offered a way to bypass it. I think it was optional for a long time (regardless of device) but they've recently made it mandatory.

1password also subverts the on screen keyboard too (you just click ok on the keyboard).

Thanks a lot, jingles, their virtual keyboard annoyed the hell out of me and that Greasemonkey script worked great!

I couldn't bypass OTP, though. Even when my useragent is set to a mobile device I still get prompted for OTP and am not offered a way to bypass it. I think it was optional for a long time (regardless of device) but they've recently made it mandatory.

Glad to help :)

With the recent changes I think you might be correct about the mobile site and OTP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..
Back